New Custom exhaust fitted

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thought I'd post up the pictures of my new exhaust that was fitted yesterday. The styling and layout might not be to everyone's taste but if you look at the rear badge I'm after functionality and subtlety first.

This is a custom system manufactured by these guys : www.pipewerx.com

They can do anything you want. I previously had a twin exit back box on a 2.5" system that was restricting the engine to 377hp... about ;-) :lol: .

The new exhaust eblow, downpipe, system, back box and tip are all 3".

As I'm getting old, have eardrums, neighbours and can occasionally be seen on a track, I wanted the backbox which is why the exhaust exits from the wrong side of the car. I still need to patch up the gap but it gives the idea. Someone suggested I buy a bolt on tail pipe from halfords :der: but I'll stick with Plan A.

What I've got is what I wanted, as I said I'd be surprised if it was what most people like.

After initial testing, the 3" system might have robbed the tiniest bit of off boost torque but the turbo spins up to 0.5Bar with little effort above 2Krpm and as my car idles at 1.5K anyway, any "loss" is quickly offset. I'm yet to hit full boost yet as I'm concerned the exhausts new found freedom could cause problems with the mapping.

All inital feelings are good :thumbsup:

Thanks go to John for his help in sorting things out and to Ian for being a fantastic craftsman at 6.00pm helping me fit my new W/B lambda sensor even though it was home time. 8) 8) 8)

If you need anything in the way of exhausts, give John Glover a call on 01704 897 778 I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Here's a before pic for those interested. This custom 2.5" downpipe (not elbow) system and backbox is now for sale. The standard elbow can be thrown in for free :-D

RR proven for up to 377HP :roll: :lol: :lol: Perfect for sub 350hp. I'll do a seperate post when I can be bothered to take proper photos

Jim

Attachments

stumo

Nice one Jim, will be good to see what difference it makes.

(BTW i think you need a 6inch outlet, it'll look much better)

stumo

yeah, doubles the HP and makes all the dirty little skankers panties at MaccyD's wet with joy.

boucherie

loving the 1.4 badges on the back jim!

is the backbox compatible with a mongoose system cos ive also got a 3" downpipe and might go for something to reduce the drone a bit

Would be good to know what sort of power increases you get now the old elbows gone!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Jim, do you have a brake down of cost for the exhaust, say elbow, down pipe and whole systems.

Interested to see what kind of price there offering for the 3” elbow and down pipe

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
boucherie said:
loving the 1.4 badges on the back jim!

is the backbox compatible with a mongoose system cos ive also got a 3" downpipe and might go for something to reduce the drone a bit

Would be good to know what sort of power increases you get now the old elbows gone!
I might be going to the modifiers RR in the midlands to confirm assuming I get the chance to properly map it before hand. All being well over 400hp should be achievable now. On your back box, pipe werx can do anything but by me exiting on the wrong side it meant I could put in 2 boxes rather than just 1. This won't help the max power but that was never the aim for the car.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Retail is £300 for the elbow and front pipe (to cat) and £450 for the system including the two boxes. This was fitted including VAT, a lifetime warranty holes for lambdas/ EGT's. If it doesn't last a lifetime or if its knocking against ARB's etc they will sort it out for free. I don't know whether they do a non-fitted price, phone them, mention where you saw the ad and see what they say.

Cheers,
Jim

O

Odin

You b@stard :doh: , You copied my design :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Fazz

Looks excellent Jim.

How quiet is it now with the backboxes then?

Now get mapping, will be good to see the results if you make the rolling road day!

nice work.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Should be interesting to see how much power the new systems free's up.

You still running 1.7 bar and are you thinking of going any higher, I will be going to 2 bar after Xmas.

Let us all know the results as soon as :-D

Steve

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
stevepudney said:
You still running 1.7 bar and are you thinking of going any higher, I will be going to 2 bar after Xmas.

Let us all know the results as soon as :-D

Steve
I can get some preliminary results off my G-Tech so will post up once its checked even if not fine tuned. More definitive results from a RR would be good in the new year.

I'm going to cap myself at 1.8Bar at the compressor, about 1.7 at the inlet. I don't like the look of the compressor map above that and I've got to stop somewhere. My PFC boost sensor only goes to 2.0Bar anyway so in the short term this is a natural place for me to stop.

I'll be very interested to see how you get on with 2.0Bar after xmas though :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
campbellju said:
I can get some preliminary results off my G-Tech so will post up once its checked even if not fine tuned. More definitive results from a RR would be good in the new year.

I'm going to cap myself at 1.8Bar at the compressor, about 1.7 at the inlet. I don't like the look of the compressor map above that and I've got to stop somewhere. My PFC boost sensor only goes to 2.0Bar anyway so in the short term this is a natural place for me to stop.

I'll be very interested to see how you get on with 2.0Bar after xmas though :thumbsup:
We shall see, I also might stop at 1.8 bar and just tidy it up and sell it, as I want to start my Ultima GTR project in the new year :-D