New Battery

Hi All

Just keen to know if you have come across a Jap Spec Battery that mates up well with UK Battery terminals, not fully sure if they are UK spec terminals but the positive i have on my car certainly doesn't make good contact with my current jap battery and to be honest the negative ain't too hot either about time for a new one.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

David :D

By "Jap spec", do you mean the size?

I'm running a crappy Halfrauds battery at the moment- won't fit in the housing, but it has just been pushed up against one side of it and pinned down by the holder- works fine.

I'm gonna get a proper Nissan one i reckon.
Does anyone know know the part number (if their is such a thing) for the original R battrey?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I got a cheap one from the local motor factors and it fitted fine (terminals and tray)

Jap spec battery is small battery with small terminals
UK terminals are alot larger

So how will they fit together? :?

:oops: Oh, right, i'm with you, sorry.

Yeah, i have a uk battery and the terminals fit fine. Whether or not the terminal clamps have been changed or prised open by the previous owner i don't know.

Could the Terminal clamps from the UK spec Sunny 1.6 be swapped over?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could probably go into a motor factors or ice shop and buy new terminals. All uk round ones are the same I think. :?: Although I think the positive and negatives are slightly different :?

hmmm

Halfords do the terminal clamps. The postitive one is slightly bigger than the negative. They are around £2 each.

youngsyp

As OAP say's. If you buy the Micra battery from Halfrauds, it comes with removable lead collars around the terminals allowing it to fit both UK and Jap spec cars :wink:
It'll cost £39.99.