Needed ASAP! Springs!!

houghy_1

Hi guys,after getting my R to the garage to sort the clutch fork problem i noticed the Pulsar had droppped about 2-3 inches on the drivers front,low and behold after 18 months of sitting still and a speed bump on the short journey to the garage and the spring had snapped!!
So im in desperate need for a set of springs,preferably lowered.
I know theres a set on fleabay used right now so i may them a try.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=...ar+gtir&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
Dont know if anyone can shed any light on these?

Also anyone know where to get clutch release bearings and how much,a trip to nissan is a fair trek thats all
Would this be the right one to order even though the pack says exedy on it??

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...2Ky0Aw&usg=AFQjCNHfumXBgPWDF2NN2TDkx8Z-qvI0jQ

Cheers hopefully,matt

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with the Exedy release bearing; it will work with any of the "replacement" clutches and has to be better than one that's been in for years. - You might find that although they've said Exedy it's actually NTK or similar.

houghy_1

There's nothing wrong with the Exedy release bearing; it will work with any of the "replacement" clutches and has to be better than one that's been in for years. - You might find that although they've said Exedy it's actually NTK or similar.
ok thanks fella. I thought it would be ok just wanted to check. I changed the release bearing when the clutch was fitted years ago 1 of the retaining clips has snapped off.

houghy_1

ok thanks fella. I thought it would be ok just wanted to check. I changed the release bearing when the clutch was fitted years ago 1 of the retaining clips has snapped off.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is this why Channy has been spamming people's phones asking about springs for a GTi-R?

houghy_1

Thanks for the pointer gtir nath ill give them a go tommorrow.

Im really just after some springs just to get the R through the MOT, so i suppose even standard ones will do. I mean most people have that box of standard parts that we all keep:oops:

I just need some for the weekend really,i can even pick up if nearby.??
I live a few miles from Ashton,Manchester.

As far as the clutch release bearing goes,turns out its only £44 from nissan thats cheaper than £67 delivered from some other place i found