Need a coilover test person.

Kev@Apex

I have had made a set of coilovers for the GTiR.
Based on feedback and comments from people running coilovers, these have been designed to give a complient but sporty road ride.
The spring rates are 5kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear, with matched dampers.

They have our usual 32 click damping adjustment, camber adjustable top mounts, fully independent rideheight adjustment (not on the spring seat like some cheap sets), spring seats are adjustable for pre-load/corner weighting.

What I need from a tester.

1) Somebody with coilover experiance (no coilover virgins please)
2) Somebody whose car gets a reasonable level of use, ideally used every week.
3) Somebody who will be able to fit them, do a fitting guide with pictures, spot things that may need changing, so will check max and min ride-height they can be adjusted too to make sure they will be suitable for everyone.
4) Somebody who understands the importance of aligning the car after fitting new suspension - to get the most out of it, and give good feedback.
5) Preferably an established and trusted member of the GTiROC, to give independent, open and constructive feedback.
6) Somebody who will fit the kit quickly, and get some miles on it in the first month or so.

Are you this person?

If you are you can have this kit for £400, thats around £200 off the retail the kit will command.

If it doesnt fit, or has a problem you identify then you will get a FULL refund, including carriage, this is the test kit, and with development there may be something that I havent covered in speccing these coilovers. I dont expect any problems, we have a fair experiance of development and what needs to be done.

Again, to the mods, you can see this isnt a for sale post, but is purely to test a developed product. Please let the thread stand.

Any questions just ask here or phone me 01274 683633.

O

Odin

Shame my car isn't finished yet :doh: :oops: .

I hope you find someone to test these Kev, Because I'll be having a set to replace my bone shakers :shock: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Kev@Apex

Cheers Rob, I hope we can get somebody that fills most of the citeria, we have plenty of satisfied 200sx/evo/skyline/scooby users for these coilovers, on road, track, race & drift cars.

P

Pascal

Are they made in the same factory as the D2/K-Sport units?
I have K-Sport myself custom ordered with 5kg FR, 4.5kg RR, and they work quite well!
Either way, great price for whoever gets to be the guinea pig!! :)

Kev@Apex

Nope, they arent K-sport, Apex is K-sport as fas as the UK goes so that has zero benefit to me.
We tried the K-sports with road spec springs on the GTiR and there wasnt quite enough damper movement. Bottoming out the dampers increases wear a lot, and I'm not prepared to sell coilovers that are potentially unreliable.
These are made in a different factory, and were designed from the standard suspension, not from another coilover. These will be better than the K-sports for road use, and comparable for track use.

gtir bean

if i had the money i would be up for it but i dont:sad: .its my everyday car so they would have got plenty of use anyway.

Zionsend

Ship to Canada? Needing coilovers, and installing them would take a day at the most. As I drive every day with the pulsar. Also, quite new to the pulsar era. Thanks bub. I know this is an old post.