need a bit of help please

L

l333ljh

hi ya guys and girls. i'm still on my quest for my R and am extremley close now. i've looked at one recently but it was a H and had a sunroof (which i thought was unusual for that year). from the top the sunroof looked like it had seen better days. the rubbers were not in great condition. also from the inside there was some marks on the roof linning. i'm thnking leaking sunroof!!!

so i was wondering if anyone knows if this is a big job or expensive???

also once come back from very small test run the idle was at 1500rpm........?????

should i be concerned???

cheers dudes

OZ-Racing

Sunroof sounds like a pain in the @rse.

My car idles at approx. 1500rpm when cold (i.e. when automatic choke is on).
Once warmed-up and giving it some, you'll see 1200-1300 when you idle and this will then drop to 1000 after a minute or 2.
If not giving it some, then she will idle at 1000.

You can adjust the idle quite easily, there are a million and 1 threads about it, if you ever need to do it.

W

woodster

sunroof ain't to bad it'll just be the rubbers. I did mine on my old laguna and 309 (that was a pain cos of the the air seal :evil: ).

honestly can't see it being a real problem not sure though how much the rubber seal would be you could always visit the local scappy and get one off an sunny :wink:

L

l333ljh

wicked cheers guys thats cheered me up alot. thanks. keep all suggestions coming thou coz i maybe be buying it in next couple of weeks and borrowing money from dad till i get the small loan :roll:

S

Stevie-Boy

Dude, check the sunroof thoroughly. The sunroof on my s13 leaked and it used to gather water inside the roof which would then proceed to pour onto my head whenever I went down a hill. It also created a nice little mouldy patch on the carpet in the rear footwell, not pretty!! It wasn't difficult to fix, was pretty easy really but sort the task rather than letting it go on. I'd much rather buy one with a leaky sunroof than an oil leak or something like that anyway :D

T

Toady

maybe selling mine for the right price mate! and its got no leaking sunroof to worry about either!lol! just nice cold air-con! :lol:

youngsyp

Might be an opportunity to fix the rattling roof beams at the same time :wink:

If there is any rust then walk away as, that is obviously more difficult to fix and get right. As for replacing the seal, I'd get a new one as one from a scrappy could be just as tired. Have a search for Blueprint-ADL parts as they may do one cheaper than Nissan ! Should be too difficult to change :?

T

Toady

the sunroof cars dont seem to suffer from the rattling roof like some cars do. :wink:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Toady said:
the sunroof cars dont seem to suffer from the rattling roof like some cars do. :wink:
You are kidding !!!! mine rattles like a ba$terd :? That reminds me I must get some sound deadening and some silicon.

mattygti-r

OZ-'R'acing said:
mattygti-r said:
nice of you to let me know :lol:
l333ljh, you're not buying matty's sh1tter are you :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink: (only joking)
think he was, he has viewed it just dont have the £ to buy it at the moment, and my GTR doesnt arrive until Nov from japan so i cant sell it until it arrives

L

l333ljh

cool cheers for all the comments and helps guys. well appreciated!!!

i've pm'd u matty

keep the comments coming if theres anything else.

cheers again

L

l333ljh

cool cheers for all the comments and helps guys. well appreciated!!!

i've pm'd u matty

keep the comments coming if theres anything else.

cheers again