My Shark vents...(one of them)

G

GTiRsalter

Ignore my previous post about my NACA style vents
Ive made a new design that lets air out not in...........and here is my shark stylie vent......Shark being that they look like shark gills. :roll:

P.S. Just out of the mould, they still need finishing just a demo one, bit bubbley as i have not vac pump yet :( .

And on the car.

They will have some fine mesh behind them, should go well with my new carbon bonnet :lol:
Ian.

J

jasegould

They look good, but weird :? I wouldnt sat that they suit the R, BIT TOO CURVY...BUT IF U LIKE EM THATS ALL THAT MATTERS :D

A

Anonymous

i agree with ^^^^^

perhaps look better on a newer car, perhaps a saxo :wink: i jest

G

GTiRsalter

I Just bought some carbon and resin.
Made a mould so not sure of the price they cost :?

I thought id make something different for a change as the standard vents arnt that good.

Ian

N

Ninja_tune_factory

they look cool ... i like the carbon.....................where did ya buy the carbon from and how hard was it to make a mould ?

G

GTiRsalter

There not on the car at the mo, as they would stick out a bit on a grey bonnet, but should blend in a bit more on my carbon one :D

Ian.

G

GTiRsalter

I bought the carbon from ABL stevens as they had 40% off there carbon.

Too make the mould i made a plug out of plastic/P40/P38/gelcoat.
then took a mould off that.
Just need to get a good vac-pump to eliminate the small bubbles you get when hand laminating, then they will come out perfect :wink:

Ian.

S

srbpower

Looks good fella 8) Though would probably need to be a bit 'angluar' to suit the R.

Si :)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

how did you get the resin to set ?

and how hard is it to do stuff with carbon ?

Dooie Pop Pop

i kind of like the boring old original vents :roll: reckon these would look a bit odd against the bonnet vent imo. you say you' ve got a carbon bonnet 8) they' ll look cool when matched with it.

G

GTiRsalter

You mix the resin and hardner together first (your then meant to degass the mixed resin under vacuum, but i have no pump yet as there not cheap :roll: .

Wet the mould out then wet out the carbon and lay it in the mould(i used two layers of carbon).

Then gently push the carbon to the shape of the mould, then bag it up and vac it down to get rid of any bubbles.

You can get away without a pump if you make fibre glass parts with a gelcoat finish as its a lot easier.

Ian.

G

GTiRsalter

100 posts at last.

........................................................................................................
only been on hear a couple of years :roll:

Ian.

M

Mulisha

nice vents. I get bored some days and think of what I can fiber glass next or what I can change with bondo. It gets very interesting! my R is on its way to getting the door handles shaved an dth events molded to the hood. Have at it an dgood luck, keep up the "ORIGINAL" things!!!