My R's dyno run

GTiR_Lee

'd been wanting to get a dyno done for a while now , as a kind of health check and to see were the car is at .
I was initially disappointed with my result ,
I was filming the run and when it came up as just over 200 i was unimpressed , I was called over to the car by Ben and he said it was missing slightly at top end , i asked if that's why it was down on power ? Ben replied it's not , its putting out some power - those reading's are at the wheels .
There was a big sigh of relief and my frown got turned upside down

Video

A very healthy 265 bhp 240 FtLb's @ fly / 204.4 bhp @ wheels on 0.6 bar ,
and no knock at all .
I don have that slight miss to sort and was advised that a colder grade spark plug may solve this .
All in im very happy with the result

skiddusmarkus

Good power on low boost, is that a standard engine bar the fmic?Your power graph looks like a remap would really help though, especially the torque.

Car looks very nice, what did they strap it onto seeing as you have no toweye?

GTiR_Lee

Thanks for your reply's
It is fairly standard with basic mod's really .
Front mount intercooler
Mongoose full system exhaust
HKS mushroom air filter
HKS SSQV Dump valve
Grounding kit
NGK bkr7eix spark plugs
Defiantly would benefit from some kind of mapping

GTiR_Lee

There is a tow eye in the normal place though i think who ever fitted the fmic may have tweaked it for some reason .
I cant remember what they strapped too though ether

vpulsar

My push bike has more power than that lol, Nice looking pulsar though even if it is a bit slow!

John

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You've definitely got some kind of ignition problem; my power curve looked like that too, and it was a result of too small a plug gap failing to ignite the mixture.

GTiR_Lee

You've definitely got some kind of ignition problem; my power curve looked like that too, and it was a result of too small a plug gap failing to ignite the mixture.
Hmm
I did check my plugs about a week or so before this and they were all at the 0.7mm that gets recommended a lot .
Im going to swap them out and put a colder grade plug in .
At the moment they are NGK bkr7eix ones .
What would be the recommendation for plugs ??
Thanks Lee

skiddusmarkus

Everyone seems to use the Bosch bcr8e(I think it is).

I'd expect a torque curve to jump up around 3000-4000rpm and then be pretty flat until 6500 and start dropping off, yours is up and down so something not right for sure.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Everyone seems to use the Bosch bcr8e(I think it is).

I'd expect a torque curve to jump up around 3000-4000rpm and then be pretty flat until 6500 and start dropping off, yours is up and down so something not right for sure.
As Danny says, NGK BCR8ES.

Mine did that; power built smoothly until about 4800rpm then it peaks, drops, and starts building again... then runs into the limiter. - I was told it was an ignition problem, and in my case it was that the plug gap was out. It might be that in your case it's to do with them being too hot.

It also looks like your fuelling line goes up and down a bit, but that might be an artifact of the way it's plotted. - It's kinda consistent with the power though.

I'm no expert or anything, I just saw the way it waggles and thought "mine looked like that too".