My RB Box Isn`t An RB Box!!!

STU666V

that sounds healthy!! lol.

you running a standard box for sprinting stu?
Yes,
Only fixed it once but i bought it with a dodge box and i have done 4 years with it :thumbsup:
I would rather buy 8 standard boxes than one quaife and it just takes a day to change it over.
Just take up the slack in your running gear and as soon as the car starts moving let the clutch go and floor it. :thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

I fitted a ikeya shifter to a dog box on an evo. It was so much fun to drive!!!

Last edited:

darkyGTI-R

The good thing about ebay is the dispute process the sellers do have to abide by an agreement when selling their products,if they don't then report them sit back and wait,it is a long process though but in the end you do get your money back,well I have anyway:)

olliecast

Been speaking with the seller a lot and he's now agreed, as he said originally to give me my money back for the box.
I'm really lucky he's a good bloke and honours his word.

When I get back from a work trip I'm going to take this box off and return it as I've now anothe rb box lined up off a long standing forum member.

I'm very lucky I got this from an honest guy, and have definately learnt my lesson!

Just went for a final check and at 70 its at 3330 revs and 2800 at 60mph. Pretty sure its definately an ra box now.

I've learnt a lesson here and I'm going to be very good at getting these box's on and off, lol.

Cheers,
Ollie

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My RB should be doing 3658rpm at 60 as according to datron it was doing 123mph at approx 7500rpm although the speedo was showing 130+. (speedo 100 was 88 datron)
You won't hit 60 in 2nd with an RB box unless you can go well over 8500rpm.

olliecast

My RB should be doing 3658rpm at 60 as according to datron it was doing 123mph at approx 7500rpm although the speedo was showing 130+. (speedo 100 was 88 datron)
You won't hit 60 in 2nd with an RB box unless you can go well over 8500rpm.
That confirms it then, cheers matey

olliecast

The old box was more stiff than this one. Not sure if it was the clutch or the release arm was nearly worn through.

I've got to take this one off again so I think I'll just take the one he sold me back.

Cheers,
Ollie

STU666V

The old box was more stiff than this one. Not sure if it was the clutch or the release arm was nearly worn through.

I've got to take this one off again so I think I'll just take the one he sold me back.

Cheers,
Ollie
Your a sound man!!
I would buy stuff from you :thumbsup:
Not a gearbox though :lol: