my first pod day

Dooie Pop Pop

well it went ok, BUT it could have been better and all that :lol: out of all the runs i did i only got away clean once and then fluffed the change to 4th :roll: :oops:
had one lairy run (4th) where somehow i managed (6.5k rpm 'it will launch' style) to make my clutch slip all the way to 3rd :shock: thought id broke it but after a cool down and an easy run it seems to be ok and gripped fine for the rest of the day :? posted in tuning. in the rps clutch thread, if anyones got any helpfull comments id appreciate it.

the car was mildly stripped all seats out + tools and spare.

anyway :roll: heres my best run slip and the one where i got away clean but fluffed 4th :evil:

me V' s a new ford gt40 http://www.streamload.com/dooiepoppop/gt40.AVI

me V' s a 350bhp rs focus
http://www.streamload.com/dooiepoppop/350bhp_rs_focus.AVI

sort my launches out and i hope to get around 12 secs dead. i did 2 12.5 runs over 116mph with lousy 60ft times. better luck next time :D i cant wait to go back :twisted:

was really good to meet some fellow R owners too, Oz and the people with that noisy jag :lol: sorry guys my memory for names :roll: did the guy in the yank motor get out ok? he did his burnout and span in the wall pretty hard :shock: not good.

stu :mrgreen:

OZ-Racing

I'll scan the slips in at work, but here are my times and speeds. I thought they were ok for a standard R other than full Blue Flame exhaust, Apexi Dual funnel (or fannel, as it says on mine :? ) and Forge bov (thanks turblio).

I also stripped it to the same extent as dooooooooooooooie (though I left the carpet in :roll: :wink: )

1st run :arrow: 14.060secs @ 97.78mph
2nd run :arrow: 13.933secs @ 97.58mph
3rd run :arrow: 13.880secs@ 97.78mph
4th run :arrow: 13.875secs @ 97.40mph

I thought that was pretty consistant, with steady improvement each time.
No fluffed launches (launched @ 4k), no fluffed gear changes (changed @ approx. 7k) and most importantly no tow truck for the journey home :wink:

So what do you guys think, does that sound about right :?:

Edited to add the slips:

R

rscos320bhp

strip action

go dooie go dooie good times matey just watched the vids looking good my son i better start saving me money i need more power :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ashills

that terminal is wicked same as i managed in the evo at the pod the other week
also if u could have doen a 1.8 60ft on teh first slip u would have been about 11.9 at a rough est.

well done u probably need some wider rims lol

Dooie Pop Pop

over half a tank of fuel too :oops:

ashills said:
well done u probably need some wider rims lol
LOL! very funny :roll: :lol:

i' ll be over 116mph if i can just learn how to launch the fecker :twisted:

thanks for the nice words people :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

nismoboy said:
well done mate, there`s deffo an 11sec quarter in your car mate 8) let me drive it i`ll get one :lol:
only if i can sit in the next lane with yours mate :wink:

think im a bit smitten with this 1/4mile lark though, the que social is nice. just sitting there on the start line staring down that strip gets the old adrenalin going :twisted:
i was dead chuffed beating the GT that was some motor 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
OZ-'R'acing said:
So what do you guys think, does that sound about right :?:
A little slower than I'd expect with a filter and exhaust fitted. But respectable all the same. :D

Dooie, What happened on the 12.33pm run? You seem to lose alot of time over the other slip towards the end.
Well done and get that 11s pass sorted now :wink: (I'll drive it if you want :p )

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Dooie, What happened on the 12.33pm run? You seem to lose alot of time over the other slip towards the end.
i got so excited at getting a good start when i went for 4th i must have hit the middle of the gate :roll: w4nker that i am it took me ages to get it in gear i cant believe i still got 12.8 :lol:

Fast Guy said:
Well done and get that 11s pass sorted now :wink: (I'll drive it if you want :p )
i will no worries :twisted: the cars mapped well on the safe side and im only a map sensor away from 1.7+ bar :lol: i cant believe how well it pulls even at 1.4, in relation to ashills iirc he did an 11.87 @ 118mph with 1.7 bar at totb4 with a blown manifold gasket and virtually the same setup. im not sure about what his engine spec was though i do know he used a goose not a 3" exhaust.
my 60 ft times could be a lot better, that 12.33 run is against another gtiroc member (before 'live') 'something' 123 not andy i think, J783. he had a jag that did some fantastic burnouts but was a bit slow down the slip :lol: and also had a pulsar running 1.2 bar with an emanage and topmount. learnt something usefull from him too, he rigged a pair of rad fans to blow down through the topmount in between runs. believe it or not but his intercooler was cold before each run 8) worked well.

anyway this is the run, turn the sound up and you can hear me miss the gear just before the bike starts up :roll:
http://www.streamload.com/dooiepoppop/12.33_run.AVI

very exciting stuff! but its all 11 sec dreams unless i can learn to lay it down properly. and thats a big fat hairy no at showing me how its done btw :mrgreen: its a bit of a knee jerk reation thing with me im afraid, i cant let anyone else drive MY car :lol: it might explode :lol:

i wouldn' t mind a few tips on launches and lightening though :wink: im getting fond of the stripped out look :lol: .

cheers, stu

G

GIXXER

nice 1 matey il show u a launch leaving the works car park tomorrow night he he :lol:

Certainly something for you to talk about (gt40)
Looks like i do need a motec now lol

im proud of ya fella :D

Dooie Pop Pop

GIXXER said:
nice 1 matey il show u a launch leaving the works car park tomorrow night he he :lol:

Certainly something for you to talk about (gt40)
Looks like i do need a motec now lol

im proud of ya fella :D
(wipes tear) cheers bud

C

carpy100

well done mr. pop pop :wink:
scuse my ignorance but is your gearbox standard or what :?:

Dooie Pop Pop

carpy100 said:
well done mr. pop pop :wink:
scuse my ignorance but is your gearbox standard or what :?:
nope and no your not ignorant :wink: not that it matters, there' s far faster cars than mine running standard boxes mate.

stu

C

carpy100

ive left mine standard mate cos i got the faith!
just trying to get a guage on how many of the bigger power cars are running standard boxes.coming to the conclusion its how there driven as to how they last :!:

A

antilag

i wonder if your times wud improove with a twin block setup lol :roll:

A

antilag

na i dunno mate i had one spare but mums been using it as a plant pot lol