My final climb at Wiscombe.

dencon

Had a very nice win at Wiscombe two weeks ago, beating a very quick Audi Quattro by 2/10ths and a 600 bhp Evo by 4/10ths. However after almost 25years competing I have decided to hang up my helmet. I still enjoy the four blasts up the hill, but find all the pre work getting the motorhome , the car, the trailer, the driving to events etc, all a bit too tiring.
My motorhome sold last week to first person to see. It would be nice if my two cars and trailer went the same way. I expect I will have to break these to get a decent return.
Of all the cars that I have driven over this period, the Norris car has been the best by far, giving me 17 wins out of 18 events two years running.
I will put up the spec of both cars next week if anyone is interested as it will be a shame to break.
Many thanks for my friends on here who have helped me along the way, especially Phil who has always been ready to make me something a little bit lighter than normal. Den.

vss irvine

All good things must come to an end? Shame to see both yourself and phil retiring from gtir competition.

Hope you can find buyers for your cars. And they dont get broken up.

Look forward to seeing the spec list of them both.

red reading

Shocked and not at the same time, you have been competing for many years now and done very well....so much for the car not being competitive according to some talentless fools!

Having seen he cars I believe they should command decent money, if not and you do break them there is a few parts I would be interested in....personally I would try advertising them in Scandinavia .

dencon

Thanks Danny and Martin for those kind words. Below is a Brief Spec of the RHD car. Will put up LHD car later.

Norris Designs 450 with 410 lbs/ft. Built by Simon for hillclimbing with little lag.
HKS Turbo with Apexi management and commander.
4 stages of boost, 1.3 1.5. 1.7 1.9 with 7900 rev limit.
3" swept elbow with 3" full stainless system.
Alloy rad and front intercooler.
Gearbox built up by Quaiffe. Clutch. ND twin plate.
Front and rear diffs out of my Nismo car no 10. Not sure what they are.
Rear plated diff taken out when it became noisey running down hill.
Brakes.Willwood all around, designed by Rally Design. 300 front, 290 rear.
Wheels. Rota Slipstream, 15". Tyres Avon A15 slicks 30 fr 27 r.
Bonnet special lightweight smooth by Phil
Bootlid special lightweight grp by phil
Diffusser grp by phil.
Doors. grp double skin with poly windows.
Full Nismo Roll cage, with nismo braces.
Teign Super Street suspension.
Petrol tank removed and special 4 gallon alloy fitted in left hand normal position, filled normally.
ND group B in tank pump. No swirl pot needed.
Single Sparco seat with 4 point harness.
Car has never been beaten over 64ft launch, normal 1.85--1.90. best ever 1.82 at Castle hill up hill start.
Only ever done two sprints at Chivenor. best 11.59 at 126mph.
Weight of car, around 1060.

bracpan

So sad to hear your retiring, its been a pleasure doing business with you and really hope your tempted back at some stage. Very best wishes and good luck selling the cars,,,unlike me.
Phil

dencon

Looking at the above I can not believe it is a month since I wrote the above. What have I done? nothing. Both cars are locked away in the garage. I am thinking, just thinking about breaking the Norris car above, and spend some time this winter developing the LHD car further and giving it one more year and see if I can make it into a real winner.
I would need some things from the above car, namely the two grp doors, the special alloy tank and pump, slicks. The remainder would be available to sell at a nice price.I know I,
Would any members on here be interested in any parts of the Norris car above.
I know I,m old, but I,m fit, keen, and hellish competitive, and Mark needs the company.

whytie

Ignore the post above , front and rear diff please

To slow big boy!! The doc.

Last edited by a moderator:

dencon

Martin. Why not buy the complete car, less doors and tank, and break it yourself and keep the parts you want?. Special price to you £ 6500. Den.

MarkTurbo

I know I,m old, but I,m fit, keen, and hellish competitive, and Mark needs the company.
If you're not there I'd just have to stand in the corner of the paddock on my own and talk to a tree or something :lol: I really must get a move on with my car, I've done about 1500 miles on the mountain bike so far this year and only around 200 in my Sunny :oops:

When i spoke to John a couple weeks ago he still sounded interested in your car as he mentioned coming to look at it sometime. I can speak to him and find out if he's still interested before you get carried away with selling it for parts etc if you want.

dencon

how do you manage to get so many launches without splitting the box casing?
I,ve got no idea, it must be the quality of buildup by Quaife. I have never had a problem since it was built. This car has always been the quickest over 64ft anywhere.