my central locking when alarm is pressed

abyss

my passenger door will open with alarm but wont shut. Any suggestion i was thinking it may have something to do with the alarm.

geetee

I have the exact same problem.

If I fire the Central Locking either with the door lock button on the driver's door or with the key the passenger door locks fine.

But when using the alarm remote the passenger door just doesn't quite go far enough... i.e. the lock moves but doesn't get quite home.

My thought was that the length of the power supplied to the Central Locking by the alarm is just slightly too short.

But I've seen other posts about being able to adjust the lock mechanism in the door by bending the rod slightly to fix this problem.

I've not got round to fixing it yet.... I just lean over and lock the passenger door before I get out and set the alarm. :roll:

What alarm is it? Mine's a Clifford, maybe it's specific to the make??

CHeers
GeeTee 8)

S

StinkyWinky

You could always try extending the lock / unlock pulse. most alarms will do this.

geoff pine

mines not a clliford and does the same thing :? but locks with the passenger door looking button on the drivers door. [why lean over ]then set the alarm with the fob

geetee

umm... the door lock button locks the driver's door too.... so I wouldn't be able to get out :lol:

geoff pine

no geetee check again i have just sat in my car an checked, locked the passenger door several times while siting in it with out locking the drivers door . you dident know that you could lock the passenger door on its own :oops: then again i had my r for 6 months be for i found out :oops: was trying to open awindow and press the wrong button and heared the door lock. control panel on the drivers door at the top there are two buttons the left handed one has a door motif on it these two buttons lock and unlock my passenger door . but not my drivers door perhapse your version does not have this extra :( :( hope this helps

geetee

Um it has this button but if I'm pretty sure it locks both doors.

Perhaps I'm having a mental breakdown :?

Anyway, it's not the problem :lol:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

StinkyWinky

It depends on whether your car has a locking motor fitted in the drivers door - If not it just uses this as a switch, but obviously will not lock, easily cured by putting in a servo and wiring into the system from the drivers door control panel.

N

Norfy

most alarm systems will use a solenoid to operate one of the locking rods in the drivers door (usually the rod that goes to the indicator in the handle) as movement of this rod will operate both doors.

the main problem i have found with the R is that there isnt any where (that ive found yet :) ) that has a negative switching feed to control the locking. most alarms use a negative switching feed.

your solenoid rod may need adjustment. you will need to remove your drivers door card and see if you have one first.

Sunny GTi

Has anyone been able to fix the dodgy passenger door lock issue?

I have the same thing, but sometimes the passenger door wont lock on the keyfob, wont lock when i press the drivers side button and also try and push it in on the passenger side at the same time, and sometimes wont lock from the outside with the key!

I need some serious help cause I cant secure my car!

Dooie Pop Pop

Sunny GTi said:
Has anyone been able to fix the dodgy passenger door lock issue?

I have the same thing, but sometimes the passenger door wont lock on the keyfob, wont lock when i press the drivers side button and also try and push it in on the passenger side at the same time, and sometimes wont lock from the outside with the key!

I need some serious help cause I cant secure my car!
welcome to the club Sunny:welcome: what kind of alarm do you have? my alarm has a synchronization function which sorted a similar problem i had.

Stu

J

jpward

NOTE be aware that doggy drivers door control units will alow the door to open/shut on its on even when alarm set as i found out to my horror!!!

New unit not even a peep ;-)

Sunny GTi

Hey Dooie, thanks for that :-D !

Its got the standard Cobra alarm and immobiliser. In a perfect world where Nissan Sunny's didnt break, i should be able to press the keyfob and both doors lock with the alarm turned on. In reality though I have to somehow lock the passenger's door seperately, either from inside over on the passenger door, or increasingly from outside with the key! Sometimes this will take a while, as with the key in the lock i have to turn it the wrong way, then the right way to lock it and hope that the lock catches and doesnt come back agin with the key! :noidea:

Like 'geetee' said earlier, when you press the drivers side passenger door lock button or actually try and press the thing on the passengers side, the lock doesnt seem to quite "get home".

Reward waiting for whoever can end my door-locking misery! :hail:

J

jpward

Sunny GTi said:
Hey Dooie, thanks for that :-D !

Its got the standard Cobra alarm and immobiliser. In a perfect world where Nissan Sunny's didnt break, i should be able to press the keyfob and both doors lock with the alarm turned on. In reality though I have to somehow lock the passenger's door seperately, either from inside over on the passenger door, or increasingly from outside with the key! Sometimes this will take a while, as with the key in the lock i have to turn it the wrong way, then the right way to lock it and hope that the lock catches and doesnt come back agin with the key! :noidea:

Like 'geetee' said earlier, when you press the drivers side passenger door lock button or actually try and press the thing on the passengers side, the lock doesnt seem to quite "get home".

Reward waiting for whoever can end my door-locking misery! :hail:
Well i have a cobra too if you know who fitted it then id ask them to look at the Drivers door actuator for you may need adjustment but there is a switch somewhere in the standard system that should mean the Passengers door locks when the drivers snib/or key barrel is locked and as this happens it signals the passenger side to lock.

Try sitting in the car and snib the drivers door what happens?...............
push the door lock button on the drivers side switch?.................

also try this with the door fully open and as you know you can use the alarm to close the locks while you are in the car which produces an audible alarm.:drama2:

Sunny GTi

Your just saying that to get the reward Dooie!

Im pretty sure the alarm is the standard device from the factory.

When I lock/unlock my drivers door with the key, the passenger door does not do the same thing. When I 'snib' the drivers door from inside, it locks the drivers side but the passenger side trys to close, makes a silly noise and then flops back to open. On the drivers side door lock button on the panel, again the passenger snib tries to close but fails.

Do you think this is a problem with the control unit, a locking solenoid, or the rod that pushes the lock closed?

J

jpward

Sunny GTi said:
Your just saying that to get the reward Dooie!

Im pretty sure the alarm is the standard device from the factory.

When I lock/unlock my drivers door with the key, the passenger door does not do the same thing. When I 'snib' the drivers door from inside, it locks the drivers side but the passenger side trys to close, makes a silly noise and then flops back to open. On the drivers side door lock button on the panel, again the passenger snib tries to close but fails.

Do you think this is a problem with the control unit, a locking solenoid, or the rod that pushes the lock closed?
I dont believe there was alarms as standard especially not a cobra! Anyhow i would treat the passenger side solenoid as being suspect now does the key in the passenger lock move freely may just be lack off movement causing it to stick?

Sunny GTi

Yeah, the key in the passenger lock moves nice and easy. But when you put the key in, turn it anti-clock wise and then bring it back to centre, the lock will usually not have closed! I have to turn it right, then left and try to throw the lock closed, then try and remove the key without it unlocking the lock again!

With the alarm, I have an extra little key with the main key and the keyfob 'blipper'. The little key has nissan stamped into the rubber grib and its used for a box with a lock under the bonnet to disable the alarm and immobiliser when you take it to a garage! I have a Sunny GTi by the way, maybe this was standard on them and not an option on the GTiR's or something, but I have no idea!

J

jpward

Sunny GTi said:
Yeah, the key in the passenger lock moves nice and easy. But when you put the key in, turn it anti-clock wise and then bring it back to centre, the lock will usually not have closed! I have to turn it right, then left and try to throw the lock closed, then try and remove the key without it unlocking the lock again!

With the alarm, I have an extra little key with the main key and the keyfob 'blipper'. The little key has nissan stamped into the rubber grib and its used for a box with a lock under the bonnet to disable the alarm and immobiliser when you take it to a garage! I have a Sunny GTi by the way, maybe this was standard on them and not an option on the GTiR's or something, but I have no idea!
Mate of mine had a GTi and yes i was aware that you have one but he didnt have such a system in his :?

well if i were you id peel off the passenger door trim and looky at the barrel rod to see if the clips are in the right position it may be at some point these have bacame loose and they are just plastic snap on/off type so nothing complex check all those also running to the lock itself i replaced a lock and it wasnt hard to refit these rods thou top tip; peel the clear door seal off from the top left and refix with strong prit stick works a treat ;-)