mr jim cambell

P

pulsarboby

how do you feel about me popping up for a day or two to map my car now i have a pfc and wideband jim?
had to ask you publicly as its harder for you to say no:lol: :lol:
plus clares got some stuff for the littlun and she wants to go shopping in scouse land.
wont be for at least a month, as ive not finished engine yet:roll:

pretty pleeeeeaaaaaase:help:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Pmsl

You have PM :lol::lol:

Edit: love they way you can't spell Campbell right

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:doh::doh::doh::doh::lol:

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

stu dont forget when we come up, that clares gonna kick your butt all over the place, for all the abuse ive had to take from you:lol:
she wont have her poor little hubby treated with that tone of voice. weak minded individuals such as i could have a nervous twitch inflicted upon them and never recover from such foul use of the native language, so dont say you aint been warned! :lol: :lol:

Fazz

@Jim - you'll get to see my map and possibly even use it and tweak it for Boby's.

Bob - don't take any of the "oh I had to start from scratch and so that'll be another 24 beers you owe me" malarky ....! :shock: :lol: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
how do you feel about me popping up for a day or two to map my car now i have a pfc and wideband jim?
had to ask you publicly as its harder for you to say no:lol: :lol:
plus clares got some stuff for the littlun and she wants to go shopping in scouse land.
wont be for at least a month, as ive not finished engine yet:roll:

pretty pleeeeeaaaaaase:help:
I thought you were going to see Jez at HDev ??

I spoke to him the other day and he seems very confident about his chosen subject, seems to know his stuff

P

pulsarboby

yeah your cars running more or less same spec as mine so it will only need tweaking ian!

jim does not profess to be a mapper or tuner of any kind, but the man is a perfectionist and very clever too;-) he will take his time to make sure that car is running to the best of its ability, i have 100% faith in that and in him!
a damned site more than any so called professional tuners anyway (maybe with the exception of horsham dvlpmts). thats why ive been searching for a pfc for ages, solely so i can let him do the work:lol: so you breaking your car (although i think you would have got more complete) has done me a big favour really:thumbsup:
will sort that dosh out in a sec ian, and pm you when gone through;-)

think ive done enough bum licking now, my plan has worked, he just couldnt say no:lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

stevepudney said:
I thought you were going to see Jez at HDev ??

I spoke to him the other day and he seems very confident about his chosen subject, seems to know his stuff

granted steve im sure he does know his stuff, and i will not put down him or his company. infact only praise him as he was gonna be doing me a very big favour by mapping my car twice but for just one reduced fee, providing i helped with advertising on my car etc when racing!
as i said to you the other day, ive only ever heard good reports on their work, and no bad at all, which is some achievement! the tuning feild is a very dangerous game to be in, with everything to lose and very little to gain!
if i had'nt of got this pfc, then without a shadow of doubt i would have gone there and let them carry out the work.

the thing is, that i would like to be able to eventually map my own car (horsham arent gonna be able to teach me that), and jimbo would be a good teacher and help me to eventually achieve just that. then i have no one but myself to blame for if i get it wrong and blow my engine up but myself:lol:
i do have a basic understanding but thats not enough, i will need to feel totally in command of what im doing, knowing the theory and putting it into practice are two entirely different things, and its that second part that i need to learn how to do:p

btw let me know how he gets on with yours steve! im sure he will be very good indeed

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
pulsarboby said:
granted steve im sure he does know his stuff, and i will not put down him or his company. infact only praise him as he was gonna be doing me a very big favour by mapping my car twice but for just one reduced fee, providing i helped with advertising on my car etc when racing!
as i said to you the other day, ive only ever heard good reports on their work, and no bad at all, which is some achievement! the tuning feild is a very dangerous game to be in, with everything to lose and very little to gain!
if i had'nt of got this pfc, then without a shadow of doubt i would have gone there and let them carry out the work.

the thing is, that i would like to be able to eventually map my own car (horsham arent gonna be able to teach me that), and jimbo would be a good teacher and help me to eventually achieve just that. then i have no one but myself to blame for if i get it wrong and blow my engine up but myself:lol:
i do have a basic understanding but thats not enough, i will need to feel totally in command of what im doing, knowing the theory and putting it into practice are two entirely different things, and its that second part that i need to learn how to do:p

btw let me know how he gets on with yours steve! im sure he will be very good indeed
I forgot about the PFC bits, I understand why your going to see Jim now.