Mounting components or coaxials

Garef

In the process of putting in an amp to power up my Infinity 6x9's and what I was hoping to be my Infinity perfect components, however after much head scratching I am thinking about going with coaxials. I know the performance of components is superior, but the reason I now am thinking about going for the coaxials is because I don't want to hack up the car trying to fit tweeters, I want to keep it as standard looking as possible. Are coaxials my best bet or does anyone have any clever ideas for mounting tweeters, pictures would be great. Thanks.

Clarky

its a toughy, I hate the sound system in my R. Its possibly the worst I've ever had to live with out of all the car's i've owned. I'd personally butcher it and try and be creative, ya can always get a replacement dash if it all goes tits up, but thats just me lol. One day after the ever endin list of jobs to complete I'll get around to doin my sound system lol

Garef

I just went for it and put them in the plastic bits on the opposite side of the wing mirror. I'll get some pics up as soon as I get time.

Mr GTiR

I've moulded my tweeters into the A pillars and then trimmed it all in black alcantara.

I'll get some pictures posted up soon.

GTiR_Spin

I just replaced my rears with infinity 5.25" and put alpine type R 6.5" in the front door, both coaxial and i think it sounds great.
the inifinitys are great for those highs and the bigger 6.5's give good base, nothing like 6X9s but thats wat a woofer is for in the trunk. or possibly under the rear seats?

gunmetalgtir

I mounted my infinity tweaters on my old R behind the wing mirrors on that little bit of black plastic, fittted nicely and had an OEM look to it! :D

Garef

Mr GTiR said:
I've moulded my tweeters into the A pillars and then trimmed it all in black alcantara.

I'll get some pictures posted up soon.
If I recall correctly was it not your brother who fitted everything for you? ;-)

This is how my own effort turned out, and before anyone says it, I will be taking off the door cars to colour the mdf black. I'll post some other pics up in the Members R section later on.

Last edited:

huu-raa

Garef said:
If I recall correctly was it not your brother who fitted everything for you? ;-)

This is how my own effort turned out, and before anyone says it, I will be taking off the door cars to colour the mdf black. I'll post some other pics up in the Members R section later on.

be sure to coat your mdf rings in varnish or something similar becuase once what rund down window the mdf will start to disintigrate i had it happen to one of my old setups lol

Mr GTiR

Sorry it's taken so long but finally got round to posting these.

The material used is alcantara, the same stuff as on teh dash but has not yet faided :doh:

Garef

Good Job Andy, are u taking credit for all the work this time?

Are the door pillars a different shade from the dash?

Mr GTiR

Garef said:
Good Job Andy, are u taking credit for all the work this time?

Are the door pillars a different shade from the dash?
Nope not my work as I have fook all patience to make anything that nice :doh:

It was done by my mate as my bro is not allowed to do anything with cars now a days as his misses has a tight leash on him......:der:

Yes, different shade as my dash as been in the car for quite a while now and been bleeched by the sun. It will only be a matter of time before the A pillars go the same way :doh: