mongoose with whiteline/cusco brace....again

bengilmore

I know its been asked before, but did a search, but no defo answers. Which one fits with the goose and which one doesnt, whiteline or cusco 4 point lower brace :?:
Just wanna make sure which one fits before ordering.
Car is on 16's and will be lowered on whiteline springs

Cheers :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I have the Whiteline 4point lower brace and a Mongoose and it clears, don't know how much by without looking tho. :oops:

GINGA

I thought it was the whiteline rear anti roll bar that had clearance problems with the goose :?:

M

memski

I heard it was the cusco brace, the whiteline one is ok tho iirc. My custom 3" goose barely clears the cusco 4pt and that's a custom design!

M

Mr Overboooost

the cusco 4 point lower does fit as mike(ex gtir)fitted mine

cheers
gary

A

antilag

the cusco definatly fits and from wat ive seen off the whitline it sits stupidly low its more like a pic n mix scoop then a brace lol my cusco scrapes and i recon the whiteline sits over an inch lower ggrrr

Dooie Pop Pop

well iv had to take mine off :? didn' t notice until it wore through the laggin. iv got oe shocks and engine mounts, could barely get finger between gap :? got no pic of it fitted sorry. found it vibrated on cambered roads, corners like london bound on the a13 then it would be ok on way home same road. arb bushes were fine and tight, no movement in lower arms did wonder if i had a mount gone but cant see how cos ian had engine down/out to do gb, would have thought he' d have mentioned a problem :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GINGA said:
I thought it was the whiteline rear anti roll bar that had clearance problems with the goose :?:
Nah, that sits in the same place as the origional and I have no problems there either.

A

AZ STE

Fitted a Cusco four point on mine with a goose and although it did just clear when I drive the car the exhaust slapped against the roll bar so I had to heat the down pipe and bend it about 1" upward away from the rollbar

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just had a look under my car as it isn't raining at last and there's about 1/2 to 3/4 inch clearance at the front and nearer 2 inches clearance at the rear of the whiteline brace.

Dooie Pop Pop

mine was about 10-12mm tops front, same gap rear and it rattled , not round town maybe now and again worse place for it is a corner of the a127 near me. uphill left, cambered sloping down towards the central res. rattled like a bugger.
got so worried about fracturing my exaust housing with the vibration i took it off :(
was thinking maybe sloppy mounts. i dunno but it did my head in.
showed it to kyepan at reading sat 10th he thought it was a bit tight. its on the frontpipe before the flexy bit so maybe fitting of the exaust is a bit fussy :?