mongoose + track use?

paz

Re: r

Mr GTiR said:
jonee said:
you are not screwed for track days :D :D

you have pm :D

jonee
LOL unless you have a way of making straight through 3" exhaust system quiter :roll:
One of those Apexi auto-silencer type things might do the job ;)

Paz

T

Toady

altho they also reduce the power! :cry:

but dont worry Andy, not all tracks have a db limit! :wink: Just those with housing estates etc nearby! 8)

paz

Toady said:
altho they also reduce the power! :cry:

but dont worry Andy, not all tracks have a db limit! :wink: Just those with housing estates etc nearby! 8)
I was talking about one of those ones that you can flick a switch and they come down inside your exhaust - this would allow you to pass the noise test. You can then flick the in car switch again and retract the plate - I had a look around on the web because I remember seeing them, although for the life of me I can't find it.

Apexi also make a muffler which apparently works at low speed and silences the exhaust, but when you boot it, the silencer stops restricting and opens fully - basically as though you have no silencer in. Not sure whether this is actually the case or not in real terms, but it would be worth checking

Paz ;)

6Miester

I have a 3" Goose and was close to the limit at my Keevil trackday-100db is maximum and it came to 98.3db.....close enough!!

They check the sound at 4500rpm if thats any help :wink:

bracpan

Quiet Goose

If its any help I also have a 3.5 Goose and was noise tested on Sunday at Llys y Fran Hillclimb in West Wales. The reading at 4500rpm was 94.5 db.
The Mongoose is fairley new but as you can see well under the regulation limit.

Phil

Mr GTiR

Re: Quiet Goose

bracpan said:
If its any help I also have a 3.5 Goose and was noise tested on Sunday at Llys y Fran Hillclimb in West Wales. The reading at 4500rpm was 94.5 db.
The Mongoose is fairley new but as you can see well under the regulation limit.

Phil
it's the people with 3" exhaust systems. The size of the tail pipe does not make that much difference.

bracpan

I believe he asked about the 3.5 ins Mongoose ( so I took it it was the 3.5 ins tail pipe). I must admit i did not know they made a 3 ins system, learnt something new every day.

Cheers

Phil

bracpan

Sorry I believe he asked about the 3.5 ins Mongoose ( so I took it it was the 3.5 ins tail pipe). I must admit i did not know they made a 3 ins system, learnt something new every day. Also had a Mongoose on a 390bhp Pulsar last year and it also was only 94 db.
Have seen one Pulsar with only a rear cheery bomb back box and it still got through the sound check, and that was owened by a Scrutineer. At 4500 rpm they are relitavly quiet.

Cheers

Phil

T

Toady

yeah thats what i mean. But mongoose dont make a 3" system, i was just talkin about the one with the 3.5" tail pipe, as its quiter than the system they make with the 5" slash cut tail pipe. 8)

JIMMYBACK

Toady said:
yeah thats what i mean. But mongoose dont make a 3" system, i was just talkin about the one with the 3.5" tail pipe, as its quiter than the system they make with the 5" slash cut tail pipe. 8)
mongoose do make a three inch system :D