mon rating for tuning on bp ultimate?

MORF114

Whats the mon rating for bp ultimate in the uk anyone have any idea?

Anyone been tuned past 400bhp on ultimate?

Want to do max tune on my car on monday but tuner is complaining it will never go past 1.2 bar because mon ratings for ultimate in nz are too low, i personnaly think hes being a pussy and trying to do a oversafe map which i dont want especially at 1.2 he says i'll make no more power at 1.6-2.1 bar than at 1.2 !!:der: :der: i dont want to tell him to grow a set then a week later i blow my engine and he tells me i told you so :doh:

is bp ultimate really that shit of a fuel? its the highest fuel we have here other than c16 which i dont really want to use everyday but would be nice :twisted: but expensive :shock:

I would listen to your tuner. I think anything ~1.3bar is getting into the dodgy area on nz bp98.

Which is pretty close to american 93 octane i think. ron + mon \ 2 something like that?

Just add 5-10 litres of c16 to a tank of 98 and you should be good to 1.4 i would think.... thats what i plan on doing anyway.

MORF114

Only problem is i dont listen to anyone lol people are always negative and tell you what you cant do im not intrested in what i cant do .

see how it goes i cant see why the fuel is that bad and still people down here manage the same hp as other countries with same or close 1/4 times it seems unless you have a evo or a subby they seem to think your car will blow up i ran my old mans sti @1.7 for him for 6 months and its still pulling strong and i raped and drove it like i stole it blew the turbo on it but the engine is sweet as a nut.

I know ultimate here is a 97 ron not a claimed 98 as it says on the pump but the mon rating is pretty low and is what we really need to know.

still think my tuner is full of shit though as randell edgell and soichi tate gary capper were all willing and said i'd have no problems tuning at 2 bar but my new tuner is worrying @ 1.4 like a so called african american on a rape charge.

R

riske

Fuk it man! go for it dude! you a man or a mouse?! Give it a go, whats the worst that could happen? apart from blowing the engine?

MORF114

I want to run as high as possible see how everything ive done to my car works out see if i have any issues i want to tune 1.8 on ultimate for everyday use and 2bar on c16 for strip use but the guy tuning wont as hes scared of blowing because of shit fuel in new zealand .

see how it goes tommorrow and if he pussy tunes it ill go back to one of the other 3 tuners probably soichi tate as he was veilsides rh9 tuner and knows sr's and rb's like the back of his hand and isnt scared to tune a car even if it may damage his companys name by blowing up a engine, shame he cant do it now but everywhere is too busy as race season has started these guys are just about squeezing me in.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Use a different tuner as this one is either ultra cautious or doesn't understand about mapping a car. Chances are the answer is in the middle and your tuner wants to do a 2 hour copy and paste exercise for your mapping.