Mitzi 340 MR

turblio

Well that was fun :lol: sorry to the Evo owner for giving you the thumbs down you obviously didn't like getting toasted and as for handling, well
they either aren't as good as made out or mine is better than I thought
can't wait to turn the boost up :lol:
ps your bird thought it was a laugh anyway!

NISR227

Come on, you can't say that and then leave it, what happened, full story please?

What handling mods have you got and what boost were you running?

Spill the beans...we all want to here. :D

GTiRlover

NISR227 said:
Come on, you can't say that and then leave it, what happened, full story please?

What handling mods have you got and what boost were you running?

Spill the beans...we all want to here. :D
Yeah what he said :p :D

turblio

Allright allright :wink:

the old banger runs about 340bhp with 330 torque, full dogs rebuild, my spec is in members somewhere, at the mo its running just under 1.2bar so on paper it should beat a fq340 mr anyway, it has Nismo suspension an lowering springs, front and rear braces, powerflex bushes, uprated steering bushes,
some strange rear diff :? braided hoses etc etc GT28RS .86ar etc etc
have to say it does pick up very well, so the guy decides to tail me along a dual, I thought okay so selected high boost but the towrag went inside flatting it so had the drop on me, after I had floored it and changed to 4th we approached a very tight right I was on his outside(left) so sod it changed back down to 3rd an thought lets just see what all the jap electro gadgets really do on an evo well not that much as he had to back off as I went round the outside then into the lead it wasn't to hard to pull away once back in 4th
must say I am very pleased with the old shit box at the moment putting the bigger turbo on it has made a world of difference, and the 3" hardpipe has improved response a lot so as we slowed up I looked over and his tart was grinning he would not look, snob! so I give him the thumbs down
he went ripping off I just sat there cruising a nd giving it the big ha ha
and before all the MLR members come on having a pop the boost is going up to 1.4 (or more) on friday when its remapped so any time boys :lol: :lol:

MarkTurbo

turblio said:
we approached a very tight right I was on his outside(left) so sod it changed back down to 3rd an thought lets just see what all the jap electro gadgets really do on an evo well not that much as he had to back off as I went round the outside then into the lead it wasn't to hard to pull away once back in 4th
You said he backed off :lol: which after some of my recent run ins with evo's brings me to the conclusion that most evos are driven by poofs these days :twisted:

I've had a blast with 3 evo 8's in the last couple weeks (2 fq300's and an fq340) and all of them backed off completly when it came to some corners :? All 3 would have easily out handled my car if they were being driven properly :roll: so they obviously had big girls blouses behind the wheel :lol:

turblio

Being honest the back end of his evo was drifting out so he was not being
gay with it, although mine was starting to drift a tad so we were both giving it death :wink:

L

Leighton

evos

I had a race with a fq400 and was right up his ass.he wasnt happy when we raced down three long duals and was right up his chuff pushing him along.My car is running 332bhp and 307lbs.my girl friend was impressed too lol.

GINGA

MarkTurbo said:
turblio said:
we approached a very tight right I was on his outside(left) so sod it changed back down to 3rd an thought lets just see what all the jap electro gadgets really do on an evo well not that much as he had to back off as I went round the outside then into the lead it wasn't to hard to pull away once back in 4th
You said he backed off :lol: which after some of my recent run ins with evo's brings me to the conclusion that most evos are driven by poofs these days :twisted:

I've had a blast with 3 evo 8's in the last couple weeks (2 fq300's and an fq340) and all of them backed off completly when it came to some corners :? All 3 would have easily out handled my car if they were being driven properly :roll: so they obviously had big girls blouses behind the wheel :lol:
The fancy diffs etc on the evo's give some weird handling characteristics which can be quite unnerving tbh :shock: it seems to make it work right you have to litrally throw the car at the bend then stamp on the throttle to make the most out of it, If you back off the throttle in a bend then things get even stranger :lol:
Alot of the more serious evo owners remove the ayc diff and replace it with a normal style diff or just buy the rs version of the car (the rally version) which doesn't have the ayc etc as they don't like the way the active diffs work.

K

KRS

My friend recently sold his 340

Where I would have to be at 60... he could be at 100 and still feel quite safe... Ive been in many raced up and top line sports cars

His EVO seemed like it could run circles around all of them, while still holding a cup of coffee in the other hand.

But thats not the point... we all know driver is everything dont we! ;)