Mitsubishi Calipers up to the job?

Dasilva

I know they be better than standard setup for road use, just wondering if any ones put them through track days?

My mates Evo 3 seem to cope with the Ring this year alright not much fade i'm sure with some decent pads they could be ok.

If i had £500 burning a whole in my pocket then Wilwoods all the way .
look forward to your comments

cheers
Phil

Dasilva

thanks, did you fit braided hoses on the front? if so which ones, Pulsar or did you need to source custom fittings?

JAMMA

Evo 1-3 calipers, carriers and pads, use Clio sport disks, the original Pulsar brake lines fit. You might want to have spacers made up to move the disk out about 3mm or so. Ive got this setup on my R at the moment.

snoon

J44MAA said:
Evo 1-3 calipers, carriers and pads, use Clio sport disks, the original Pulsar brake lines fit. You might want to have spacers made up to move the disk out about 3mm or so. Ive got this setup on my R at the moment.
How much do you think for the whole set up? Or is it a case of being able to get your hands on them?
How much improvement over the standard brakes do you think?

Cheers

JAMMA

Theres a serious improvement over the standard setup. Alrhought anything would be as the standard brakes really are shit lol. I paid 100 quid for calipers and carriers. Disks were about 50 quid.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
J44MAA said:
So if I just got some standard 3mm spacers this would do the trick? very tempted by this option so I can keep 15's and cheap tyres :)

JAMMA

kenan said:
So if I just got some standard 3mm spacers this would do the trick? very tempted by this option so I can keep 15's and cheap tyres :)
Yeh I dont see why they wouldnt do. Best off is to fit everything then measure how much the disk needs to come out.

gtir bean

i just used washers and it worked braw.only thing is the disks dont locate on the centre bore of the hub so you have to get the wheel so its only just loose enough to let the disk move and turn the disk hard one way then the other to get it in the centre and tighten the wheel up.works fine for me.the disks will be very tight to the inside of the calliper as there meant to run 276mm disks so you may have to take some material off the inside where the disk outer dia will touch.if it does anyway.