Missing my R'

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I must admit I do miss mine :? but because I want something more practical I have been looking at this or something like it to fill the gap http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1818037.htm

This age RS6 is sooooo much car for the money and a real bargain, I drove another RS6 with less power the other day and I must say it's not got the kick of a 400 break pulsar but christ does it go, the urgent pull forward is endless :shock:

M

markwashington

That is a serious ammount of car for the money :-D a friend of mine has a re mapped 2.7 rs4 and they do go like stink, there's virtually no lag and they're practical, what more do you want :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
R' but the problem is though, what I miss about the R' is the smile that comes to your face when on boost at 2 bar, what I don't miss however is the constant "oh shit it's going to break" gut feeling that always come with that smile.........

At least the beast in the advert is over 10 years younger, practical and albeit a bit of a tank will still do 200mph+ and 0-60 in 3.5 seconds.......... It's not boosted to near over twice the power the already weak by design 20 year old (prone to break with just standard power) transmission was designed for ...........So, go down the strip and get mid 11's, rag it round a track or pootle down to the shops with granny and the kids, it does both comfortably and for loads less than I spent on my R'..... I'm sold.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Bigger car, bigger modifications.... just sounds like bigger bills ;-)

A standard one might tick the practical and reliable boxes. 530hp on a standard engine and transmission... maybe that's why he had to replace the heads. What's next?

Auto as well, that will be fun on the track.

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Bigger car, bigger modifications.... just sounds like bigger bills ;-)

A standard one might tick the practical and reliable boxes. 530hp on a standard engine and transmission... maybe that's why he had to replace the heads. What's next?

Auto as well, that will be fun on the track.
don't be so argumentative, coming from a man who bought an M3 to fill the void ;-)

I was making a point, I would look for a standard one or mildly pre-modded and wouldn't track or strip it, I'd just drive it as a daily. Anyway you get my point, coming from an estate car stable you get alot of bang for buck.........

oh, and it's semi auto and you can get paddle shift manual ones I think ;-)

Smo

Lovely looking car that Steve - I would love one as a daily but I'm afraid I couldn't own anything other than a manual!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I predict you'll end-up getting a near standard one (despite the feedback you're getting about it), and will do some of your own modding to it.

I think it's quite a good choice for a family estate car that you can still give some beans... if it was me, I'd be after a Stagea.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Wasn't meaning to sound negative. Its a nice car but practical, reliable, modifed, track toy, drag toy means something has to give.

R ownership has taught me that much.

P

pulsarboby

go for something a little more practical steve like i did with the megabusa:lol:

you know you want to so nows the time to buy that.................................... ultima;-)
its got:
a roof
room under the bonnet for shopping
2 seats
manual with r/h gearshiftl
gullwing doors for those bad back days
and kick ass thumping v8 power:lol::lol::lol:8)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
go for something a little more practical steve like i did with the megabusa:lol:

you know you want to so nows the time to buy that.................................... ultima;-)
its got:
a roof
room under the bonnet for shopping
2 seats
manual with r/h gearshiftl
gullwing doors for those bad back days
and kick ass thumping v8 power:lol::lol::lol:8)

Umm......all the right ingredients but a little conspicuous in Tesco's car park though me thinks :lol: