Mintex pads in Wilwood calipers

S

SunnyGTIR

I've got a pair of Wilwood Dynalite 4-pot calipers on my car and have just fitted some Mintex 1144 pads. Since fitting them I have had a bad rattle especially reversing. After a quick check I noticed that the pads are not an exact fit and are rattling up and down in the caliper, there is probably about a few millimetres play.
Anyone got the same setup or same problem?
The part no. for the pads is MDB1796M1144, can anyone confirm this is the right one?
Have phoned Hi-Spec where I got them from but am waiting for them to get back to me :?

Any help appreciated,

zia

yes i,ve got these pads and they are really noisey when cold and they bounce a fair bit in the ap caliper. once i,ve put some good heat into them they do quiten up and yes a get the same noise when reversing :evil: obviously they arn,t quite the exact measurement. lets us know what you find out about them

thanks zia

E

Edd

zia, if you want you can borrow the set of ferrodo pads i have, and see if they are a better fit, if you then wanna keep em, you can have em cheap :wink:

S

SunnyGTIR

Zia, Hi-Spec got back to me today and are sending me some shims out. They said, instead of just sticking them on the back of the pad bend them over the edges as well to fill the gap. Will give it a try when they arrive and let u know.

zia

cheers ron for the offer. if the shim pads work on yours, i,ll stick them on mine :wink:

zia