mines ecu

D

DICKY

hi people i was sorting out a rattle under the dash by ecu and noticed its got mines on it.is it a standard fittment or unuprated 1.if it is, does any one know anything bout it?

cheers rich

A

Anonymous

dick said:
hi people i was sorting out a rattle under the dash by ecu and noticed its got mines on it.is it a standard fittment or unuprated 1.if it is, does any one know anything bout it?

cheers rich
it`s an aftermarket ecu that i believe is very difficult,if not impossible,to get mapped by anyone other than the manufacturers.have a search through the archives as these have definitely been discussed before.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
oap-r said:
dick said:

cheers rich
it`s an aftermarket ecu that i believe is very difficult,if not impossible,to get mapped by anyone other than the manufacturers.have a search through the archives as these have definitely been discussed before.

I've actually checked with a Mines dealer in the past and they said that they have to send them to Japan to be re-mapped... Not much use when your car is here!...

D

DICKY

oh well gold plaque looks good tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
cheers rich

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
celm said:
KRS said:
I have a Mines too... :x
and i bet you are going crazy also cause no one who deals with mines wont help u find what the map is on that ecu :x
Its because they can't... Mines won't release the software to anyone including their own agents... The only way to see the map is if you send the ECU to japan...

E

Edd

oap-r said:
dick said:

cheers rich
well Dave Perry didn't seem to be having any problems with Jason Gants at TOTB mapping it as that runs a mines piggy back off a std ecu and we know what time he got :wink:

K

KRS

I have been planning a rolling road tune, will I have a problem with the mines ECU?

youngsyp

Not a problem as such. They just won't be able to adjust anything except your base timing.
So, it won't be so much as a tune, as them checking that the car isn't detting. If it is, they will just back your distributor off a degree or 2. To be able to 'tune' the Pulsar, you will either need a mappable stand alone ecu, i.e. Motec, Autronics etc.. or some kind of piggyback unit like a Unichip or e-manage for example.
Don't get me wrong though, if you have upped the boost, what you are doing is still very worthwhile :wink:

K

KRS

Ok, cheers for that.

Im running about 1 Bar, so I best get it checked and start looking into an ECU replacment... :(

LeeSmith

I have one on my car m8 - apparently it's a read only ECU....hmmmm

I asked the company oif they could find out what map it has and they said they had no idea.....then When I asked if it could be remapped by a different company they said it had to be sent back to japan.....

A

Anonymous

I got a copy of the maps out of a mines ecu i dloaded out of a mates car using the consult port. It had the gold mines sticker on it as well as the mines daughter board in the ecu.
It is running 27degrees advance at full boost from 6400rpm
Can send u a pic of the maps if u like or post them if someone can host them.

S

str_motorsport

hi mate,,i am intrested in a copy of the mine's map...
i have a daughterboard and the software to play with....
can you post them?

A

Anonymous

Is it the bin file u all want or a 3d picture of the maps? Either way pm me your email and i will send or if someone is keen to host it so people can link to it i will send it to them.
Keep in mind if u change stuff in the maps and try to put it back into a mines daughter board it prob wont work. Mines have added an extra chip to there board to change things around so people can not easily copy there chips. I got it out using the consult port as the ecu see's it as being correct (if that makes sence). I am currently trying to get the epoxy resin off the board so i can desolder the chips and try to work out how they have changed things around.
If u know what u r doing it will work fine in other daughterboards although i would not call it the best tune in the world but it is not the worst either.