May not make sense to many but some may like....

Fusion Ed

That's due to the throttle being shut. No dump valve fitted yet, so you will hear that, same with any turbo system. When you throttle shut your load point flies to the left of the compressor map into the surge zone. Its only really destructive if this happens on boost due to an incorrectly matched turbo, Garrett recommend a blow off valve to ease the load on the bearings/compressor when you close the throttle.

The car still has a cat on it, and will be road tested later with final dyno tweaks on Actuator pressure appears to be around 6psi so I'm expecting 160 hp min or so at this stage.

Animaldaz

Got it finished then Ed, looks like that could be alot fun. Bet he's gonna surprise a few people on the road once it's mapped.

Fusion Ed

Yeah actuator pressure is about 4psi, so Id like to increase that a bit if the owner is happy to lol :)

Absolutely love that, I have a big soft spot for K11 micras. I keep promising myself an itb'd 1.4 with silly cams and no interior.

Nothing wrong with a little transient surge, better than dumping all of that compressed air to the atmosphere to compress it all over again :thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

Well road mapping is complete at the current setting of 5psi! lol. It goes pretty well. The saab T25 turbo spools incredibly well making boost by 2500 rpm. After this was done I tried turning up the boost to something more interesting and tried it at around 9psi. All I can say is yes that's more like it. However immediately I had to change the plugs, the bkr5iex are totally not up to that so back to my old fav the bcr8es. The owner actually only wants around 160hp. So boost will be set to what ever it needs to be to achieve that then later after its done a few miles it may come back for more. Just have to remember its on a micra gearbox and clutch and the clutch is only rated for about 180lb/ft I could annihilate that within seconds with higher boost..

Fusion Ed

lol. It made 150hp @ 4psi, but we upped it to 0.4 bar top end (0.5 mid range) and it made 162 HP and 170lb/ft of torque. Quite amusing for what it is really, it absolutely canes my P11GT hahaha.