Maxing out Maf and Injectors at 0.9 bar

E

Edd

Fitted my powerfc last night

basic spec is Tomei 2.2 stroker kit, std turbo, front mount, 0.9 bar

however i am hitting 100% injector duty and hitting 5.2Volts on the maf :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :eek:

Now maybe i am not realy running 0.9 bar :roll:

however i have a boost gauge wired up to the black box in the wing (how shiteq did it with no leaks on it.

also have an acvr wired off the actuator

so surely they are two seperate sources (and both read 0.9 bar) so the boost is correct?

the car does feel quite fast BUT not that fast that i'm running big boost....

O

Odin

you better be looking after my injector's matey :shock: :wink:

rob

Shaun

:D Hi Edd,just a note mate,on the AVCR it reads in Kg/cm2 not bar so you might be running less boost than you think :wink: 0.9kg/cm2=12.8psi and 0.9bar=13.05 so not much in it really,as i said mate,just a note :wink:

S

stuart rawlinson

vpulsar said:
you better be looking after my injector's matey :shock: :wink:

rob
And my ECU and my Maf plug and my pully and my turbo elbow and my o f**K it just lk after mine and Robs car :D

E

Edd

stu you can have your ecu back now and so can you rob as i have the powerfc :oops:

stu your alifesaver, without you the car would be a piece of sh*t :roll:

you going to the pod sunday to run :p

S

stuart rawlinson

Edd said:
stu you can have your ecu back now and so can you rob as i have the powerfc :oops:

stu your alifesaver, without you the car would be a piece of sh*t :roll:

you going to the pod sunday to run :p
Steady on people will be talking :oops:

No rush on the ECU bud

O

Odin

stuart rawlinson said:
And my ECU and my Maf plug and my pully and my turbo elbow and my o f**K it just lk after mine and Robs car :D

Gee how many ECU's can one R use :roll: :? :D

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Try taking a boost feed from the same place as the factory guage does. Depending where you take the reading from you'll get different readings due to the restictions in the system. Turbo outlet will be highest and inlet manifold will be lowest.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
FastGuy - I think Edd has already done this :?:
"i have a boost gauge wired up to the black box in the wing"

Are the injectors maxing out as it's putting more fuel into the the engine as it's now a 2.2 :?: Just a thought.....:?:

E

Edd

I never used your rocker cover simon :lol:

your turbo loves the launch control :shock: :oops: :lol:

M

memski

lol don't let him do that to your turbo, that's how i fucked mine :lol: (that and running it at 1.4bar :oops: )

J

J-GTi-R

Are the injectors maxing out as it's putting more fuel into the the engine as it's now a 2.2 Just a thought.....
That's what I'm thinking as well, as that engine will definitely be pulling more air through it than it would have on a 2.0 engine at the same revs. It's only a 10% increase in capacity, but depending on the headwork it may be asking for more than 10% more from the injectors.