Max Injector CC's on Std. ECU?

G

GIT-411

Hey all,

I have a leaky injector which needs to be replaced (mechanic didn't even want to drive it in case it caught fire!). So i'm going to upgrade them now, so I don't have to later. It's the same price for 4 aftermarket as 1 off Nissan i'm told anyway ($600 odd $AU)

So does anyone have any experience running increased CC injectors on the standard ECU? I'm looking at Sard 700cc units at the moment. The seller says they'll run fine, but I'd like to double check here.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Fusion Ed

In other words, unless you get it remapped you cannot fit anything other than the standard size injectors.

G

GIT-411

Ahh, crap... :doh: thanks guys.
I would've thought the ECU would have a little range in it to reduce the timing a touch. Although I suspected 60% increase in flow would've over-shot that range.

So not even 550's would work?

I didn't know the ECU was remappable in a GIT? Well there u go. :oops: (no reply needed, I'll check the sticky's)

Looks like I'm looking for a stock injector from somewhere, I don't think the mrs will be pleased with an extra $whatever on top of new injectors.

Cheers all.

Kev@Apex

only stock injectors will work with a stock map.

You could run 1000cc injectors with the correct re-map.

gtirjoey

yep i tried 550 tonight on standard ecu (saving pennies to get my pfc mapped) and it ran like a bucket of shi+ if your jus after one injector i could sort you one mate? pm me if you want

M

mascot

gtirjoey said:
yep i tried 550 tonight on standard ecu (saving pennies to get my pfc mapped) and it ran like a bucket of shi+ if your jus after one injector i could sort you one mate? pm me if you want
totaly agree with you on that one mate i tryed that once shant be doing it again put it that way lol

modifiy corectly or not at all from now on thats what i do cost you dearly otherwise