max bhp standard manifold?

watoga

I think you can get reasonable HP figures using the standard manifold. Perhaps even up to 400 BHP?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

Dave

M

markwashington

A ported standard manifold is good for 450+, search "ported standard manifold" to find out how to do it.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
@Ed, could it be your PM box is full?
Yes, it looks like Ed's subsciption has run-out so his inbox is over-filled.

Whilst I would love to pressure Ed to pay his renewal, I think it's only fair to mention that you can contact him through the Fusion Motorsports website.

Trip

i don't think there is a direct answer to your question. the manifold is great in design (comapred to other OE makes) and can make good power, but in my opinion, if your car is doing 450 with a standard manifold, i am sure you will get more with just replacing the manifold.

Smo

The standard manifold is fantasti if ported (obviously). Mine was running 395bhp with loads more to give.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I keep meaning to pull mine off and have a go, but there are too many horror stories of snapped exhaust studs etc, so I've just not been game yet. - A bigger elbow is probably a higher priority for me.

Just need to swap the water pump and steering pump for electric ones and then rear mount the alternator. Then you can have plenty of room for a nice intake and elbow ;)

well I was thinking more along the lines of then move the front cross member forward 3" (as The bear did with his car) and then you'd have room for a compound charge twin turbo set up. Lag free 750bhp anyone?

But then I think its fair to say I don't think like normal people :loco: