M3 CSL vs 1 Bar R

hmmm

Pulled up beside an M3 CSL today :D . At first it seemed like he didn't want to race but he was just finishing a phone call.

We were both rolling at around 20mph when he suddenly floored it. I too floored it as soon as I could. As he floored it slightly before me, he got about a bonnets length away. But from there I kept up with him and he didn't pull away any further.

I have to say it was only up to 75 mph as we both had to stop due to traffic ahead :roll:.

I opened the passenger window and he informed me it was a standard 360bhp CSL. I then told him mine was 300bhp. He said that he was a car fanatic, and that he'd recently sold his 400bhp ATW Evo.

He told me to listen to the car as he accelerated. We both held the traffic up behind us so there was enough gap up ahead of him to accelarate into. The thing sounded beautiful. Similar to a TVR but different. Kinda hard to explain.

He slowed down due to more traffic :roll: and I drove past and gave a 'thumbs up' as I was going in a different direction.

I must say that if we went past 100mph then he would have had me. If it was from 60-100mph or above he would also have had me. If it was from a standing start or if we had both hit the gas pedal at the same time then things would have been a little bit different :twisted:.

Good on him for giving it a go. Good guy.

And good on the Sunny GTi-R. Good car :wink:.

Now remind me once again. Can the GTi-R handle 1.2 Bar on standard internals :lol: :wink:.

GTiRlover

Sounds like a 8) guy especially as he acknowledged you and even had a little chat too :lol:

I would have been more than pleased with the result if that was me, well done that man! :D

M

macphegf

I was lucky enough to have a shot of one of these recently, and yes the noise is incredible!! Good thing about them is that the folk that drive them tend to be car fanatics, as the rich spoilt folk can't do without their electric leather seats and most are too fat to fit in them anyway :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

macphegf said:
most are too fat to fit in them anyway :lol: :lol:

"Oi" :shock: watch your mouth matey :roll: , Just because some of us are fat b@stards does not mean we're not car nuts :evil: .

You fatest :roll: :cry: .

rob

pete-r

raced one of these at santa pod,very quick cars,but i beat the guy by about a full second.Slightly more than a quarter mile and i reckon he would have had me.One of the very few BMW,s id actually pay money for.

M

macphegf

vpulsar said:
macphegf said:

"Oi" :shock: watch your mouth matey :roll: , Just because some of us are fat b@stards does not mean we're not car nuts :evil: .

You fatest :roll: :cry: .

rob
I thought that might get your attention :lol: , I'm sure you of all people should understand the right to your own opinion? I'm fattest and proud of it!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

macphegf said:
vpulsar said:
macphegf said:

You fat-est :roll: :cry: .

rob
I thought that might get your attention :lol: , I'm sure you of all people should understand the right to your own opinion? I'm fattest and proud of it!! :oops: :lol: :lol:
That's alright fella 8) :wink: , One of the advantages of being fat is a very thick skin (blue whale stylee :shock: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I do like the BMW though even though I'd have to fit fat b@stard seats :oops: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

csl = l shitter

post it up when you have a tangle with a new shape M5 8)

iv been eating lard ar5ed 507bhp bmw for breakfast once or twice every other week for the last couple of months 8)

hmmm

Dooie Pop Pop said:
csl = l not good

post it up when you have a tangle with a new shape M5 8)

iv been eating lard ar5ed 507bhp bmw for breakfast once or twice every other week for the last couple of months 8)
I'll get right on it :D.

Dooie Pop Pop

if thats 1bar with a t28 you will lose mate :wink: i stayed level with this particular one running 1.25 bar with a 3071r (prob about 360ish bhp)

1.45bar and im like a gazelle....gone :lol: i keep bumping into the same bloke on my way to work, must pi55 him right off knowing he' s been beat by a shitbox :lol: i really must get that boost upgrade done soon :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: ...

hmmm said:
Not showing off but I got 298bhp at 1 bar from Powerstation :wink:.

Sorry couldn't resist :oops:.
oooooo :lol: shows you look after you car mate, nothing wrong with showing off :wink: i get 395 @ 1.4bar so nur :lol: beat that :wink:

que Rob

O

Odin

Re: ...

Dooie Pop Pop said:

If I must :wink: .

I got 386 bhp at 1.3 bar on a standard engine but was probably worth 406 bhp because the rollers it was done on read 20 bhp low :wink: , And I'm now running 1.5 bar :shock: :wink: .

Who needs fancy dancy engine rebuilds :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

well shove it up to 2bar then wimpy type person :p

the words 'metal head gasket' and 'arp rod bolts' spring to mind :wink: :lol:

back on topic

BMW=overrated :wink: give me a datsun anyday 8) when im old(er) i might appreciate the comfort offered by a beemer, at the moment im loving my jdm pocket rocket far too much :p

£60000? suit you sir :lol:

M

macphegf

Can get a CSL for the same money as a normal M3 <£40K, cause like I said most folk don't want em. We used to have 2 brand new ones in my old work and couldn't get rid of em. I think in the end one went for around £45k and the book price is about £57k :shock: