LSD on Ebay

gtirx2

did you contact cusco direct? because they will still make gtir diffs and spares you just need to know which diff you have (1,1.5,2 way)
I did not know you could contact cusco direct,at the time i thought co-ordsport were the main uk dealers for cusco?

Do you mean contacting cusco japan,or is there a uk number?

I am pretty sure it is a 1 way diff i have,i will have to dig it out and have a look.

red reading

just contact them direct in japan, get the part numbers and then order from cusco or dealer if they prefer.............i regually do this kind of thing as most dealers are useless in my buisness

gtirx2

just contact them direct in japan, get the part numbers and then order from cusco or dealer if they prefer.............i regually do this kind of thing as most dealers are useless in my buisness
Thanks for the info mate,its certainly worth me having a go, as like you say the uk dealers are bloody useless.

MarkTurbo

Looking good so far 8)

So what have you done about driveshafts, prop, and the rear diff? At the moment i can see the adaptor plate on the bellhousing, custom engine mounts and cut out in the chassis leg. Am i right in thinking that the GT4 boxes are pretty much bullet proof? Well compared to a standard gti-r box anyway :lol:

niz1342

the pics are 2 months old i will post more pics tomorrow of the rear diff , and shaft pics as rthis will give you a better idea .The mountings are gt4 ones . the car drives right now But the single plate clutch is slipping so will be replacing it with a os giken twin plate next week but the car drives at the moment.

Last edited:

Animaldaz

Very impressive project, well done for doing something different. What made you go this route? Had you destroyed a lot of Gtir boxes?

niz1342

yes have broken a few boxes the gt boxes are stronger but the do suffer from synchrome failure but than again there are available .

warpspeed

I tried to buy one of these boxes last year as I thought the conversion might work, how much work has been involved?