LSD info/questions.

chopper

I thought i would start this to help me and everyone one else who is looking for info on them, as a few have been coming up for sale lately.

So there are 3 types of LSD's front, rear and centre.
If all are install it is ment to make the car rather noisy (thats info from all the other guys i've read on here)

What effect does each on have on the handling of the R when installed separately and together?
What is the best one/combo to have for road/track use?

skiddusmarkus

I've got the front lsd and had the middle but removed it.The front on its own was brilliant, no downsides imo.The middle was noisy, clunky when maneuvering and not suitable for a road car but if you know that when you are buying it, its not a problem.Red Reading had it off me so I knew he knew exacly what it would be like.

red reading

All the diffs fitted are best for high power and track, front only is best for the road. as skiddus says they are noisey.

benefit of all 3 is virtually no under steer on the power, cons are the noise and you cannot use the handbrake to turn the car.

Which of the front diffs is best suited to road use? As far as I know the options out there are Cusco MZ and RS, Modena, Nismo and phantom.

billy187

Anyone know what the specific benefits are of the nismo rear diff? I keep getting asked this question when selling mine so guess it would help with the sale.

red reading

Billy, Basically you get better feel and traction and adjustability on the lockup from a nismo diff, but on the flip side they are noisey at low speed and need careful servicing and set up,

fast eddy

I have a phantom diff in my track Metro. Great value. Red Reading had one and rated it. I have some coming over from the States as we speak, one for a Metro customer and one for my Pulsar.

Eddy