love the brains at nissan

ashills

dont u just love the clever guys at nissan who put the oil filter in the perfect place so u can just reach through the wheel arch and undo it
at least theres one sensible guy at nissan lol

J

J-GTi-R

I know, here's a car that has 220 bhp and 4WD, hmm, fit the diesel Sunny brakes, that'll do... :roll:

Nad

The R I was in last nite with standard brakes was pulling up well hard so what the problem, too much fade :lol:

Nad

J

J-GTi-R

Anyone who can't get the standard brakes to fade isn't trying hard enough... :wink:

ian c

chat

been chattin to some of the chaps who worked on the RNN14 WRC and they said they realised too late about the TMIC and wanted to change it to skyline style, only homologation had been granted and it mean too much work to change it now!

brakes - well, they wanted the R for rallying and there is no rule about having to use standard brakes.....so they always intended to uprate them....was easier to carry over the GTI brakes than redevelop!

MarkTurbo

Nad said:
The R I was in last nite with standard brakes was pulling up well hard so what the problem, too much fade :lol:

Nad
I've still got standard brakes and like you say they pull up quite well..... Unless you need them to work for more than 2 or 3 heavy braking corners that is :evil:

Then they're usually totally faded and might as well not be there :evil: :roll:

Keira

I'm only on uprated discs, pads and fluid change. Ex-gtirs drove it and he's got willwoods and wasn't fazed by my set up, seems to work quite well. A mate with a cossie was in mine the other weekend and was suprised they worked aswell as they do.

Was chatting to turblio one day and he's doing the same, both agreed that fluid change is very important as whats in the lines when you get the car could've been in there years.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ashills said:
dont u just love the clever guys at nissan who put the oil filter in the perfect place so u can just reach through the wheel arch and undo it
at least theres one sensible guy at nissan lol
Pity he didn't do the rest of the car so you don't have to take the engine out for even the smallest of jobs. :evil:

How the hell they intended to service this car quickly on rally stages I'll never know. :?