Losing power when cornering hard???

J

JU5T1N

As the title says whenever i take a sharp corner hard and put ma foot down like on a round about it seams like im getting no fuel and cuts out for a couple of seconds???

can anyone shed any light on this for me thanks my cars pretty much standard if that helps?

cheers

justin

ex-gtir

do a search mate has been mentioned to death on this forum
its fuel surge where the pickup is not far enough down the tank

mike

G

GAZ P

fuel starvation caused buy the bad fuel tank design, it has no baffels so the petrol sloshes about when cornering hard .Just keep your tank over half full & you'll have no worries :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GAZ P said:
fuel starvation caused buy the bad fuel tank design
Most people seem to get it after fitting an uprated fuel pump, so while you're probably right to a degree in that the tank could be better designed, the standard set up doesn't suffer too much (from what's been posted)

Quick fix:- don't corner hard on low fuel :wink: as most people have the problem on left hand corners with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
Quick fix:- don't corner hard on low fuel :wink: as most people have the problem on left hand corners with less than 1/4 tank of fuel.
only happened to me twice, same corner on a cambered left hander on less than a 1/4 tank of fuel :( never happened anywhere else its not even a long corner :roll:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
only happened to me twice, same corner on a cambered left hander on less than a 1/4 tank of fuel :( never happened anywhere else its not even a long corner :roll:
Maybe the camber was just enough to move the fuel off the pick up?

C

Crazy

Maybe you are not driving it properly/hard enough :twisted: :lol:

:lol: JOKE :lol:

Only get it when I am on or under 1/4 of a tank and really driving it hard threw the bends, like on Saturday night going thru the Queens way tunnel while having a spirited run with a Silver Evo 4 & a White Evo 6, the Evo put his antilag on at some lights when I was behind him :shock: scared my girl :lol:

Explained to her what Anti lag was and does (well tried to) :lol: and then she said I should get it for my car :shock: YESSSSS!!!! I thought but then she explained that she was not paying :(