Like a dog when warm........

Mist-R

Hey guys, ive just bought my second 'R', had one 10 years ago, now just picked up a bargain off ebay. Its a bit tatty but very cheap and seems to run very well.
Its got a mongoose on it and as far as i can tell the rest is bog standard. Even the umbrella and flare.
After a while driving the car seems to get very sluggish, ive noticed the two air outlets on the bonnet are blanked off under the vents so am going to remove these, the car has well over half a tank in it at the moment, for the first 20 mins seems to pull very good. I rememeber having a similar problem in my old Pulsar which wasnt far off the same spec when i got it.

Any Idea's ????

Empty Pockets

Hot day and a top-mount intercooler won't be helping you mate, might be worth investing in a secondhand front mount intercooler and see if that works. You can pick them up for 100 pound and upwards off this forum and the modifiers forum and its a relatively cheap, worthwhile upgrade anyway .

Mist-R

Oh, sorry, i know how important pics are on forums.

Its a 1992 'J', got full service, 2 owners, original purchase receipt, import documentation, 64,000 klms/miles (unsure)
every MOT, every tax disc, umbrella, flare, had no current tax or mot.

I paid £1325 for it.

P

pulsarboby

sounds like a dodgy knock sensor to me! especially if it gets worse when warm.

you can do fault code check yourself theres a how to on here somewhere, its very simple to do!
bet you get code 34 comes up which is knock sensor

Mist-R

how easy is that to change, dont get me wrong, i know a fair bit about cars, always repaired everything on the old pulsar, but never a knock sensor