LIGHTS

G

GODZUKI

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT UPGRADES THERE ARE FOR THE HEADLIGHTS.
SEEN AN R WITH NICE UPGRADES AT ACE CAFE THE OTHER DAY.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't know of any bar the diy ones that were done quite a while back. what did the one at the ACE cafe have?
I thought uprated bulbs were about the limit. :(

Well i guess the max u can do is just fit and upgraded wiring and relays and use over 100watts H4 bulbs.

If u want better performace u gotta fit axuliary lights.
Well u could fit those "baby" sized projectors but i dont really know how beneficial they are.
Or u could go all out and fit lighting pods like the rally cars and slap on 2 pairs of Hella Luminator "xenon" or a set of Cibie or Piaa 80Series.
They do wonders but your car would look like a bitch.

The other alternative my friend has done is to retrofit BMW 5 Series angle rings lamp units on his Nissan.

G

GTI-R Kid

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
The other alternative my friend has done is to retrofit BMW 5 Series angle rings lamp units on his Nissan.
Any chance you could get some pics of this and put them up here?

Nad

BabyGodzillaGTi-R said:
Yeah but arent they only sidelights?

Nad

Er what do u mean by side lights.

Well roughly from my observation he basically binned the standard H4 lense and plonk in the 5 series lamp which consist of 2 projector.
Err... i'll try and see if i can get pics of it.

I guess the reason he did that is because somehow xenon H4 conversions just seem crapy and the original lense are just not design for the aplication and u end up with a funny spread and end up blinding on comming traffic. Plus most of the kit are just low beam.

So just retrofit xenons from a 5 series which is originally design as a xenon headlamp anyway.
Cheers.

No offense but how is the overall performance as in when u sit in the car and driving it at night?
Overall how is the quality of the spread and the penetration?
Does your kit comes with the facility of high beam?

Yes i do agree that the sight of a xenon equiped car is just awsome especially when from certain angle u can see and feel the cool, blue, look.

It is just that when i jumped from a converted H4 xenon kit to a car that is equiped with OEM xenon there is a considerable difference imho.

But end of the day a reputable xenon kit is still miles better than my terribly, lousy, stock standard 60/55watt H4.
:p

But if i really have the money i would love to have a pair of Hella Luminators. Xenon axuliary lights based on the Hella Rallye 4000 lamp and used by WRC and Paris Dakar cars.

Nad

Ah right totally new ligths. Side lights come on first then main beam. I want HID as well 8)

Nad

S

SunnyGTi2.0

prkwan said:
its really bright and there is a very noticeable difference! :)
Where did you buy it, and how much was it?

Difficult to mount?

Cris

Another option is driving lamps etc.

I iused to have a Sunny GTI with factotry fit fogs and driving lamps (main units same as stock GTIR). They were pretty good on main beam.

You could just wire up some of the fog light kits on the replacement bumpers (e.g. the group but for the one in NZ) as driving lamps rather than fogs.

A

Anonymous

I fitted some spots to my 2.0 Nova saloon rally project to watch a night rally the other day, and was showing them off to the boys, when all of a sudden, night turned to day - the guy who owns a local Rally shop had just put some monster lamps on his Evo 4 rally car, they were HID and cost £1700 a pair :shock:

I might stick some Cibie Super Oscars on my R for the lanes, one Spot and one Driving beam

Hella Luminator is probably the ultimate in my opinion
Based on the Hella Rallye 4000 lense and lamp unit.
THe only problem is the PRICE and it is massive.
I think fitting a pair of them on the R would cover the whole scoop.