Lightly modified GTiR V's heavily modified R34 GTR

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well where shall I begin?

For a few months now a friend of mine had been on about getting a 34 GTR to perhaps prove that he has the best car or he’d be king of the road as it were? :?

Either way it arrived the other week and he was driving around and showing it off to other people. After a bit of banter was out of the way the question came about of how much faster his car would be against mine, bare in mind that it is running around 540hp (atf) @ 1.4bar and mine was 282hp (atf) @ 0.8 :shock:

So a quick trip to a private runway was in order to see what the difference was. As we came up to the line, we both looked across at each other, a few nods were given and then the rivalry began. With his big smirk on his face he looked like it was in the bag for him. Although I was confident of my car, I wasn’t expecting what happened next….

As the lights begin their sequence I raised my revs to 4500rpm and waited for the green light

Green light - and we were off, a great start from myself, quick and clean straight into 2nd gear pulling hard, but then to my amazement I saw the R34 in my passenger mirror lagging behind and all the way to the end of the strip. So shocked that just whooped the 34 I had to look again. :lol: :-D

As we came back around he asked about going again, warily I accepted as he said he didn’t get a good start.
Back to the start and revs up to 4500rpm, green light and AGAIN the same thing happened, so amazed and proud of my car I couldn’t help but grin like an idiot. However he asked for best of three, as he made his attempts to excuse his performance. :der:

At this point I was thinking that now he was going to lure me into a false sense of security, and just pull away as if I was stood still. Back to the light and revs up to 4500rpm. Anxiously I waited for the green light, at this point it almost look forever to change, but finally, it changed and we were off.
As we shot off I was greeted with the lights of a R34 in my passenger mirror and couldn’t help but laugh my head off and cross the line with an even bigger grin than last time!!! :-D :-D

3 times we’d run and 3 time I had beaten him and with a good gap between us.

Some may have said fluke or perhaps a lucky run, but after three runs and many people seeing this all I can say is that Pulsars no matter how old or the power they make, they can still pull an absolute blinder like this and put some people to shame. 8)

…I’ve yet to speak to the Skyline driver as we never saw him come back after the third run…

Pulsar VS Skyline

rayman75

:lol: :lol: nice one mate. is it really running 540bhp?? if the "runway" was a bit longer he might well have past you.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah, if it was any longer and a top speed of 180+ I think I might have had a different story, but since it was not long enough then I can be a smug bastard about it :lol:

Spec on the GTR

Apexi Power FC ECU

HKS induction kit
HKS turbo down pipes
HKS hard pipe kit with 3 ply hoses
HKS twin plate clutch
HKS drag gasket kit
HKS 2530 turbos
HKS turbo elbows
HKS lower suspension
GT-ART Carbon Slam Panel
GT-ART Ported and Flowed Cylinder Head with bronze valve guides (lots of work, £2k +vat !!!)
Oil restrictor fitted to block
GT-ART oil cooler kit

SARD fuel pressure regulator
SARD 720cc Injectors balanced and flow tested
Greddy profec b boost controller
NGK racing spark plugs (plus spare Greddy 8's)

NISMO fuel pump
NISMO water pump
NISMO thermostat
NISMO MFD upgrade
NISMO clear indicators and side repeaters
NISMO gearknob
NISMO AFM's
NISMO carbon 'thingies' just in front of the passenger windows
NISMO main bearings
NISMO big end bearings
NISMO exhaust

JUN oil pump
JUN cams 272 with 10.5mm lift !!!
JUN valve springs and titanium retainers
JUN adjustable cam wheels

and my little pulsar beat that....

Last edited:
P

powerfreack

well done mate just shows you dont need a big skyline to win a race

maz

fantastic! this is why i love the pulsar so much, off the line its just rapid!! so generaly up to 100 u can beat most modded cars which is all thats needed really! :)

O

Odin

I did the same thing to my mate in his 600 bhp R33 GTR lol, we both got the same 1/4 mile time but I crossed the line a fraction before him hehehehe, Gutted was he.

And that was even before I'd fitted my motec.

Rob

bopper

my mates r33 gtr runs 565bhp and his best 1/4mile is 12.2, theres lots of pulsars doin a whole second quicker than that

O

Odin

bopper said:
my mates r33 gtr runs 565bhp and his best 1/4mile is 12.2, theres lots of pulsars doin a whole second quicker than that

Just goes to show people what a well sorted Gti-R can do, The skyline is a big heavy old motor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Who needs to spend 50k on a skyboat :thumbsup: , Mind you I hope they do just so we can see the look on there faces when a 15 year old 5hitter blows them into the weeds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

houghy_1

Ha Ha well done fella!:first:

Great story that,would of gone for a 5grand launch myself though;-) :p

Think the 32 and 33 GTR's weighed about 1400 and 1480kg respectively and the fat ass R34 weighs around 1550kg.
I'll stand corrected though

Oh yeah and the Pulsar 1220kg.

Matt

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
* taken from letstorquebhp.com

Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R VSpec 97 - 1500kgs
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R VSpec 97 - 1540kgs
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R 99 -1605kgs :noidea:

P

powerfreack

Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T/GTS-4 ===1290kg
Ni ssan Skyline R32 GT-R ====1480kg
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R ===1530kg
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25t GTS-T/GTS-4 ===1370kg
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS ===1270kg
Nissan Skyline R34 GTR ===1540kg
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t ===1410kg

EVOBAD

i think if the skyline was r32gtr running 540bhp it might of been a difrent story as they are the best 1s out ther as my mate runs low 11s all the time in his ,i used 2 race him in my 400bhp pulsar it was close for about quertermile then it was good by (they say the skyline is the DADDY but only if its running over 600bhp me thinks