LED headlights

vpulsar

I see that a lot of car manufacturers are going over to LED headlights these days, Could this be made to work in a pulsar headlight or something custom ?.

I'm just thinking of ways of getting better headlights with out fitting illegal xenon fakes that are on the market, Xenon's need headlight washers and to be self adjusting, What is the law regarding LED lights ?.

Rob

vss irvine

not sure how legal they are but i know how fuckin gay they are.

your bumbandits at mcdonalds will love them. oh and your dtrl's will go great with them.

faggot....

vpulsar

not sure how legal they are but i know how fuckin gay they are.

your bumbandits at mcdonalds will love them. oh and your dtrl's will go great with them.

faggot....
Typical response I'd expect from you, I don't want some chavtastic light set up, I am just looking at improving the lights on the car. As I get older night time driving is harder and I'm used to xenon lights these days so going back to a couple of candles would be a struggle so I'm exploring all the options if that's OK with you matey!

I do a lot of night time driving on unlit county roads with all sorts of hazards including muddy corners/cows/deer and big fuck off pot holes so the sooner I see them the better.

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
65W Osram Rallye, I believe are very good. I run 100W bulbs in R with no issue but they are old technology. Have moved to the +20% type bulbs in other cars which have similar range but not the spread of light. I prefer the 100W but I'm concious of the old wiring on our cars.

The last time I researched, the Osrams were the preference as a good compromise.

vpulsar

65W Osram Rallye, I believe are very good. I run 100W bulbs in R with no issue but they are old technology. Have moved to the +20% type bulbs in other cars which have similar range but not the spread of light. I prefer the 100W but I'm concious of the old wiring on our cars.

The last time I researched, the Osrams were the preference as a good compromise.

Thanks Jim.

Sye

you also get 501 side light bulbs from halfords, i have a set in mine, and they look great they are led single bulbs and have halfords super brilliance @ 150% brighter for my headlight bulbs, and to be honest the full beam is better than my seat leons hid kit, great light setup.

led headlights im told are illegal as they are too bright

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member

I run the 65W bulbs; I don't know if they are Osram, but they are the +20% brighter type. - I think I had 100W bulbs in at one time, but the headlight loom melted so now I stick to 65W bulbs. They're also not an MOT fail (although I've never seen a tester check the power of the bulbs; only the alignment of the headlights).

Jon Olds

Those look good.
Even with 8 forward facing lights on my rally car (2 low down driving lamps, 4 spots in a pod, 2 HID headlights) its still a struggle at speed in the dark
Jon

johnny gtir

if you go 100w could a relay or two help save your wiring rob. 100w make a big difference. I melted the first connector probably slack or tarnished but I done that with a standard 55w so bought two new connectors off e bay pennies to buy then ran 100w bulbs after no issues maybe its just luck. I do plan to fit relay

Last edited:

red reading

I run relays and new earths for the main beam and 100w bulbs, makes a good differance, as said the hid kits are shit.

Jon Olds

6mm sq straight off the alternator output through twin 40A fuses to two heavy duty relays to the pod. Total 2 foot of cable. Cant see how you would have less volt drop in the system. Mind, my eyes are going as I've gone past 50. Doh
Jon