Last week I ……………..

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Was a bit busy....................

I stripped out the entire interior of car then chipped off all the tar sheet from the floor pans inside and out.

Cut out both rear rusty floor pans, fabbed new rear floor panals (now I have a bead roller) and welded them back in.

Removed rusty front chassis rails and welded in new ones.

Seem welded all the joints in the floor and bottom of the bulkhead .

Replaced rusty in places rear brake pipes with new copper pipe.

Waxoyled inside all the chassis box sections.

Then complete floor had a bare metal prime and paint in black Hammerite smooth then Shultz/stonechipped/undersealed the whole floor .

Painted the inside floor in primer and black Hammerite smooth .

Replaced cracked original Dash with new un-cracked one.

Modded the centre vent attachment screws (normally a right pain in the **** to undo and replace) to M6 nylon studs and cut down nylon wing nuts.

Wired in a standard UK fog light switch with fog light in UK rear light cluster.

Wired in fuel pump relay to give full battery voltage to fuel pump.

Re earthed fuel pump.

Fabbed new drivers seat rails to fit Cobra Suzuka Kevlar seat (ebay bargain), actually managed to get seating position 40mm lower than standard.

Fitted snap off steering wheel boss.

Re plumbed all boost vacuum feeds so Profec B, Map sensor, Sard AFPR, boost solenoid and actuator read from compressor housing side of turbo and not plenum.

Fitted new powder coated black rocker cover.

And passed MOT on Sat :-D

I must admit I have always had my suspicions/reservations of fitting a bucket/race seat but I must say that now I have a much lower than standard seating position and am firmly fixed in the seat it inspires loads more driving confidence and allows much more driving control.

Have a few in progress pics but not many, will take some completed pics and get them up later

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Odin said:
But did you make my bl00dy bonnet lifters :roll: :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Rob
You can stop blooody winging for a start you old woman, I told you I broke my pillar drill on the Wednesday, bought a new one the same day (£200) which didn't turn up till Friday, then I made the spacers over the weekend and they went out in the post yesterday.

O

Odin

stevepudney said:
You can stop blooody winging for a start you old woman, I told you I broke my pillar drill on the Wednesday, bought a new one the same day (£200) which didn't turn up till Friday, then I made the spacers over the weekend and they went out in the post yesterday.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

vss irvine

Fabbed new drivers seat rails to fit Cobra Suzuka Kevlar seat (ebay bargain), actually managed to get seating position 40mm lower than standard.

was that the new one from an ebay shop? covert shop? or was it an auction win?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
vss irvine said:

was that the new one from an ebay shop? covert shop? or was it an auction win?
an auction win way back in March, £180 for a near new £400 seat :thumbsup:

Attachments

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I should have taken more "in progress" shots really but hey :doh:

Here are a selection

before I ripped the whole interior out and discovered that both rear footwells were rotten :? , I'd just chipped off the tar from passenger side

Few pics of the new M6 Nylon studs fitted to rear of centre vents (basically, I drilled the original self tapper hole to M5 then tapped a new M6 thread and fitted the stud with a drop of Loctite). As you can imagine the chopped off wing nuts are so much easier to tighten as you can use fingers and don't have to **** around with a screwdriver that doesn't fit.

Heres a few shots of (all you can see) the seat mounts I fabricated, very pleased with how these turned out as the seating position is lower than standard.

heres a couple of shots of the new powder coated rocker cover fitted

Last edited:

Dooie Pop Pop

the rocker cover looks mint Steve;)

hows your manifold getting on with the lagging? has it been on long or cracked at all yet?

Keira

its a cast standard manifold by the looks of things stu, its got as much chance of cracking as you have of actually getting your car back on the road without something else going wrong :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

Keira said:
its a cast standard manifold by the looks of things stu, its got as much chance of cracking as you have of actually getting your car back on the road without something else going wrong :lol:
ow:cry: im telling my mum :lol:

yeah standard thats what i thought;-) i didn' t know how they take to lagging... so i asked:lol:

stumo

why **** about with the wingnuts when all you need to do to remove that part of the dash is to unclip the cable (that runs from those vents) by the drivers footwell.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
stumo said:
why **** about with the wingnuts when all you need to do to remove that part of the dash is to unclip the cable (that runs from those vents) by the drivers footwell.
Yeah, I knew that :oops: no one likes a smart **** :roll:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
ow:cry: im telling my mum :lol:

yeah standard thats what i thought;-) i didn' t know how they take to lagging... so i asked:lol:
I'm not sure the lagging does much tbh Stu but it was all a bit tight so I put the wrap on the pipe just to stop things touching. It was only supposed to be a temp measure (yeah right) as I planned to make up my own standard position tubular manifold. I might get round to it at some stage :lol: :lol: