Lambda/o2 Sensor

paz

Are you talking about the sensor that goes into your cat/decat?

I'm guessing your light has come on the dashboard if so? If you don't have a cat its not needed no, get rid :) its not a lambda/o2 sensor, its just a heat sensor only.

paz

antgtir

I was under the impression that the R has two Lamda sensors one up by the manifold and one at the cat, these testing emissions and heat which sends the info to the ecu for that to re adjust fueling, as long as you have at least one i wouldn't have thought its a prob to remove the one at the cat.

May be wrong on that one though, anyone else fill us in.

Ant.

A

AJ4

The sensor in the cat is only a temp sensor and is used to light a bulb in the dash when the cat gets too hot. Its not connected to the ECU in any way or alters anything, just switches a light on and off.

Come on MODS, don't you think its about time we had a FAQ on this subject ? ;)

antgtir

Thanks for clearing that one up mate, off that comes when the de cat pipe goes on lol.

Dont know why Mongoose make the boxes with the ability for this to be re fitted, bit of useless item really, prob cost like £200 to replace lol:roll:

Ant.

paz

I guess they figured that it might be possible to use the original sensor almost as a form of EGT. The other side of course is that they probably didn't want to leave themselves open to people chopping up the wrong wires in their car by mistake :lol:

paz