K sport 8pots

Dangerous Dave

Has anyone got these fitted to there car?

I have a set here that I've just bought for taz the track car but I'm in two minds to keep them or sell them and buy some wildwoods? Has anyone got any good feed back on both set ups please

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Has anyone got these fitted to there car?

I have a set here that I've just bought for taz the track car but I'm in two minds to keep them or sell them and buy some wildwoods? Has anyone got any good feed back on both set ups please
NO NO NO!!!

When I had Wilwoods (Midlite) they were crap - END OF!

Over heated badly, melted piston seals, snapped/sheared off nipples and the pad surface coverage was small.

Bloody awful if you ask me.

The other issue I find with the 8 Pots is they are enormous and bulky.

I run the 6 pots and they are well proportioned, still use a large brake pad and stop the car dead when needed.

If you have to run one, then the K Sports, but honestly I'd junk them both, wait till and 6 Pot caliper comes up then order and bigger disc (330mm) to fit rather than the 304mm that comes with the 6 pot

Dangerous Dave

I should of just sent you a pm lol.

They are abit chunky I very much doubt they will fit under the 16s that are on the car but I do have 17s but then the problem is I don't like to run the pulsar on 17s... Looks like I might be putting them up for sale.

grim_d

Another vote for the k-sport 6 pots although stay away from Ferodo ds2500 if its a road car.

Mr B

those big 8pots on 32mm thick discs is just a load of unwanted unsprung weight.
6pot k-sport kits are quite good, used a lot in asia motorsport/rallying, good value for money here too.

grim_d

Carbotech xp8 seem highly rated, im waiting for delivery of mine currently so can't yet comment.

All the ds2500 have done for me is make a mess of my discs, im not hard enough on them.

MrMischief

Carbotech xp8 seem highly rated, im waiting for delivery of mine currently so can't yet comment.

All the ds2500 have done for me is make a mess of my discs, im not hard enough on them.
I've got the Carbotech pads in my AP 4 pots (feeling inadequate only having 4...!!) & can confirm they stick the car up on it's front end.
Good from cold on the road & haven't faded on track.

Don't think I'll be looking for other pads in the future. :)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
APs are bloody awesome, had them on my 5th 'R... Don't suppose your car is Hxxx XAB is it MrM ?
That looks like it could be my license plate, but there's an easy way to tell; what colour is the paint?

It doesn't have AP's on it; they're standard callipers all round with braided lines.

daddyone

OK you sarcastic sods.... I had other reasons to believe it might have been my old vehicle - black tyres, four of them... :D