Just got one

C

cookie

Ive just today bought a GTIR a j reg beauty
shes in the garage now gettin the shims done so im having new cams put in at the same time aslo unichip, pace intercooler, ported and polised and the head skimmed, water injection and a ap racing clutch
does anyone else recomand anything else while she is there?
any help is appreciated
cheers cookie

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Does the head need skiming? That'll raise the compression ratio if nothing else is changed (thicker head gasket for eg) So you'll need to make sure they set it up right to avoid detonation.

C

cookie

well i dont know if anyone off here knows the lad whos doin the work he races his car at santa pod he has a cortina 800bhp twin turbo and supercharged its awesome ive left it in his hands lol he knows what hes doin hopefully lol

C

cookie

what mods have ya done to yours then mate if ya dont mind me askin.
cos ive only just got into modding engines before i was more of a poser with the looks side's of cars where now i want to try my luck with the engines

Websnowbo

cookie_gsr said:
well i dont know if anyone off here knows the lad whos doin the work he races his car at santa pod he has a cortina 800bhp twin turbo and supercharged its awesome ive left it in his hands lol he knows what hes doin hopefully lol
I've seen that car at York Dragway. Messy but it's sure goes ok, didn't think it had 800bhp though.

Dooie Pop Pop

sturat said:
better brakes/fuel pump and a new water pump while the engines out
front mount ic, oil cooler, oil seperator. the list goes on whats your current spec, it 'd be easier t' comment

C

cookie

yeh its 800bhp its awesome
at the moment the car is just standard got an HKS air filter and a HKS blow off valve and a zeigen exhaust system i think thats it but the shims needed doin so i might aswell get other things done at the same time to overall save me time

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
mongoose/apexi induction kit and forge front mount running almost standard boost and 13.1s :)

00sid

yeah the pace frount mounts r alright it all depends on what one it is as they have a new version now, but it only comes in a deal with an alloy rad. or u could ask gary [ gti-r spares ] he has just had a new load made up. they r good and pretty cheap too.

C

cookie

well i rang pace the other day and they said there new version will be ready on firday this week cos its still in the process on being fabricated seemingly they said its even more in ya face now its been moved even further forward.
so would you recomend getting one of these?
if not which is the best to go for?

00sid

well its up to u , if u want to see the intercooler through the bumper or not
as the older version sits closer to the rad. they both have the same peformance.

C

cookie

well the lads who are doin the work said the pace intercooler will do fine so im just waiting for the new model to be finished then it will be coming
also ordered today
hks forged pistons
hks steel headgasket 2mm thick

and could anyone tell me what an electronic valve controler does cos hks sell one for 500 pound for the GTi-R but i have no idea wha it does lol

A

Anonymous

If you dont know what they are then you dont want to get one just yet :)

C

cookie

lol good point but out of curiousty what does it do for 500 lash lol

A

Anonymous

Controls the vacum or something that goes to your actuator and controls your boost, basically you can set different levels of boost .