just fitted evo brakes

keastygtir

Did the evo 3 brake upgrade yesturday.

They still need bedding in and a re-bleed but first impressions are positive.

They were quite easy to fit and went under my 15"s ok, and look good.

All in all a bargain mod in my book.

watoga

Was it difficult to mount the calipers? Did it require much fabrication? Did you use new brake discs?

Questions, questions, questions......... ;)

Dave

olliecast

when i ran these with carbotech xp10 pads they were brilliant. Infact, i`d go as far as saying there better than my current wilwood setup

keastygtir

Had to drill the hub holes wider other than that thats it

I used clio 172 disks spaced 4m from the back

watoga

Had to drill the hub holes wider other than that thats it

I used clio 172 disks spaced 4m from the back
Wow! Sounds too good to be true! Do the calipers just bolt up to the existing mounts? What size are Clio 172 disks - I take it they're bigger diameter than a standard R's?

Cheers!
Dave

keastygtir

You can get the calipers as above or of a shogun (the shogun ones have a different brake union but you will get them cheaper and if your buying steel lines it wont matter as you can get whatever you need from hosesolutions)

The disks are 280mm

You can get the calipers as above or of a shogun (the shogun ones have a different brake union but you will get them cheaper and if your buying steel lines it wont matter as you can get whatever you need from hosesolutions)

The disks are 280mm

Any shogun inparticular?

vomitt

id also like to know about which shogun calipers & hoses etc. got any links to some of the stuff you bought? ideally id like to buy the whole lot so i can slap it all on one day as my 'R is my daily driver. plenty of shogun calipers on ebay atm.

keastygtir

id also like to know about which shogun calipers & hoses etc. got any links to some of the stuff you bought? ideally id like to buy the whole lot so i can slap it all on one day as my 'R is my daily driver. plenty of shogun calipers on ebay atm.
I'm not sure which shogun to be honest but the calipers are made by akebono. If you use the evo version of the calipers you can use your existing brake lines. I only suggest the shogun ones as your able to get them cheaper.