Jun engined gtir

Marvymarv

Hi there

thought I’d give a little info on my build , it’s something really quite special, the engine is being built now, well parts being made (if anyone wants a Jun stroker kit etc, mine and a Norwegian guys parts are being made now, so it’s now or never, been or a 2 year waiting list myself)

So basically a brand new Jun 2.2 stroker with cams, titanium valve bollox etc, it’s gonna be polished and ported, full works. Jun numbered and I asked for name of builder to be signed on engine, like a hand made Aston, (I provided base engine)
I received my go ahead email a few weeks ago, I truly thought it was never going to happen.

The car will have evo box with oz evo adapter

I’ve ordered a set of hre r101 lightweight wheels In satin bronze also

Custom titanium exhaust

Syvecs

I spoke to nitron and hopefully a custom kit should be doable.

Carbon dash - motech digital cluster

Painted carbon body parts, bonnet, boot, spoiler

Body acid dipped to bare metal and custom cage fitted and strength welded according to original specification. (This could be ordered from factory)
Safety is key here, the car needs to be really safe as they are death traps, not sure if anyone remembers the picture they used to fly about the car forums circa 1999-2005 of the gtir that disintegrated on impact, never seen a car in a state as that fucker, scary.

There’s loads of stuff to go on, it’s quite frightening, I’ve got as much new parts as Nissan Japan can supply, will be as nut and bolt resto as can be.

This will not be a long build, car booked in and I have been promised it will be on the road by next summer.

The car is called Cinderella by the way……hre wheels/ruby slippers

I’m trying for the ultimate road gtir, the one in oz gets the crown for the most powerful with amazing drag/power spec but I’m looking for a really detailed, finished example, 2023 gtir, almost

I know people blah blah about standard internals this that other, I’m not bothered, Jun 2.2 stroker is better than standard internals…. And also sounds much better on childish lists like this one

I’ve no doubt there will be plenty of please help threads coming from my end ha

thankyouuuuu

Marvymarv

Pick your cunts up off the floor lads, not everyone is still 5k pulsar man 20 years later

here get your chops round that silly balls, if I put the 13k hre bill up will that do the trick double over?

Come correct lads come on

IMG_0469.jpeg

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Nitron have knocked me back, so nitron no go.
Thought so, they told me to buggar off a year or so back.

Try AST suspension in the Netherlands.

They could make something for me with ex-reservoirs for track work at a decent price.

Marvymarv

Thanks for that, I’m definitely going to look into those mate, did they quote you insane bucks? I can imagine it wasn’t nice when you read the quote

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Thanks for that, I’m definitely going to look into those mate, did they quote you insane bucks? I can imagine it wasn’t nice when you read the quote
I think it was about £4-5k for a set from AST iirc, plus shipping.

But they will offer full refurbishment when needed or I requested.

Marvymarv

Are going to go hollinger? I looked into one 28000-29000 aud for evo (£14600) It’s really expensive, compared to an recon oem evo box £3500??? But then someone reminded me the other day that the oem box could do with being updated as it isn’t going to future proof the car, I’ll be constrained to the oem evo box load capability, even though I’m not building the car for big numbers, I’d still like to future proof the car, but also gutted as thought I’d cheaply done the right job with oem evo box and adapter, I thought easy peasy, not so.

I didn’t really want to go that route, I’m not really a big power guy, I just like pulsars and chiney things, I mean that genuinely ha

I’ll tell you what this is hard graft, I’m so bad at understanding mechanical stuff it’s like I’m dyslexic with it or something, hurts my head, genuine headaches from this stuff.

I mean what’s your plan you obviously know your stuff, I’ve seen some of your past posts.

Marvymarv

I think it was about £4-5k for a set from AST iirc, plus shipping.

But they will offer full refurbishment when needed or I requested.
Wow, AST make some serious stuff, what did you discuss with them? We’re you looking at a track set up, or just going for high spec?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Wow, AST make some serious stuff, what did you discuss with them? We’re you looking at a track set up, or just going for high spec?
I think it was the 5200 versions.

I want more track focused suspension as mine is mainly track focused.

Iirc the 5300's were overkill and very expensive for what I needed.

Marvymarv

I see, I won’t be doing and tracking what so ever so over kill for you is certainly over kill for me, this sounds mad but I barley even drive fast, it is a chiney thing, that was a fair observation by dear bill, so can’t fault a guy for a fair point as I’ve thought on.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member

Thats my bag o shite! :arrowup::arrowup:

I run shitty coilovers, but once my new engine is back in the car, its getting fresh new modern legs and a new modern brain!

Maybe BC coilovers on 3/4kgs springs will be fine for your usage.
No need to spend mega cash if your not going to use them hard or drive that fast?

Marvymarv

It’s good to see a gtir being used in that environment dude,

Can I ask, is it even possible to make the gtir turn corners, properly properly?
There’s a cool Japanese video on you tube, it’s about pulsar history, mainly gtir, point is luckily for us with the translation on YouTube you can see exactly what the Japanese people are saying about pulsars in the comments box, I went through every one honestly, one quote that springs to mind, that came up over and over is
“It rides good straight line but will not bend”
Or
“Can it ever be able make bend with such front heavy”
Or
“Rides well, no bend”
Or
“Looks like can bend from stance, can not bend”

Hahah honestly I was in stitches, but point is this echos me 20 years ago, I’d dove Imprezas and Evos and thought stupidity that gtirs were going to be that same point and click style, any mug can drive one daft kind of thing, how stupid was I ? I was sooooo shocked, I was like why have I got the steering wheel turned to the left and this fucker is going right, I soon understood that the pulsar is no Impreza wrx or evo no fucking way, not even a standard 1993 wrx with just some toyos on (so easy to drive, so point and click)

so again basically, will the really expensive suspension solve this? That was why I wanted chiney suspension, mums life, I don’t like throwing it away, even I’ve made it seem that way.

What’s the drill on turning corners point click, can it even be done ? I can take it ..

thank you

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Can I ask, is it even possible to make the gtir turn corners, properly properly?

so again basically, will the really expensive suspension solve this?
Yes and no.

It depends on what you want to spend to make it better as well as fuck around with the weight and alignment.
There is a wealth of information to read on making the GTiR better to drive on this forum.

Its not going to be Evo IX levels, but you can make it good enough to keep up with a quite a lot of stuff on track.
Good suspension, good alignment, weight reduction, bracing, ARB's caster mods all make the car more pointy.

However, you'll always be able to push the car too hard to run wide/understeer.

Also good quality tyres make a massive difference too.

1688140248046.png

Marvymarv

I see through the forum you’ve got a massive history with these, can’t be many more around so consistently R, I bet your one of those guys who has to tell the mechanics how to there job on the pulsar,
Me and my mate took one to a garage 20 years ago and the mechanic lifted the bonnet up and it looked like he’d seen an alien, just because of the top mount haha I can remember having to tell a mechanic at a well known tuner how to fit a walbro fuel pump in an r with the tie wrap etc and obviously I know fuck all about mechanics so was so fucking bizzare ha

All I can think of to reduce front end sprung weight is ac removal and carbon bonnet, this body is getting loads of weight added to it sadly,with the strength welds and roll cage etc, im not driving no super fast pulsar without full cage, and i mean top race meeting spec, if that car crashes im in that fucking cage

I remember the white line stuff, had a quick browse the other day, a lot looked discontinued.

im sold on either ats or the nme ones

DaniRS

Very cool project:hearteyes: I think its not too expensive vor a REAL Tomei sr22.
What is your power goal? Turbo?

Hi there

thought I’d give a little info on my build , it’s something really quite special, the engine is being built now, well parts being made (if anyone wants a Jun stroker kit etc, mine and a Norwegian guys parts are being made now, so it’s now or never, been or a 2 year waiting list myself)

So basically a brand new Jun 2.2 stroker with cams, titanium valve bollox etc, it’s gonna be polished and ported, full works. Jun numbered and I asked for name of builder to be signed on engine, like a hand made Aston, (I provided base engine)
I received my go ahead email a few weeks ago, I truly thought it was never going to happen.

The car will have evo box with oz evo adapter

I’ve ordered a set of hre r101 lightweight wheels In satin bronze also

Custom titanium exhaust

Syvecs

I spoke to nitron and hopefully a custom kit should be doable.

Carbon dash - motech digital cluster

Painted carbon body parts, bonnet, boot, spoiler

Body acid dipped to bare metal and custom cage fitted and strength welded according to original specification. (This could be ordered from factory)
Safety is key here, the car needs to be really safe as they are death traps, not sure if anyone remembers the picture they used to fly about the car forums circa 1999-2005 of the gtir that disintegrated on impact, never seen a car in a state as that fucker, scary.

There’s loads of stuff to go on, it’s quite frightening, I’ve got as much new parts as Nissan Japan can supply, will be as nut and bolt resto as can be.

This will not be a long build, car booked in and I have been promised it will be on the road by next summer.

The car is called Cinderella by the way……hre wheels/ruby slippers

I’m trying for the ultimate road gtir, the one in oz gets the crown for the most powerful with amazing drag/power spec but I’m looking for a really detailed, finished example, 2023 gtir, almost

I know people blah blah about standard internals this that other, I’m not bothered, Jun 2.2 stroker is better than standard internals…. And also sounds much better on childish lists like this one

I’ve no doubt there will be plenty of please help threads coming from my end ha

thankyouuuuu