Jason Gant's DP Motorsports TOTB 7 runs

deank93

Very quick....does anyone know if there were any probs with the car? could it have done better or was that what was expected? Either way its very impressive.

MarkTurbo

Was he attempting to do a burnout just before his 3rd run :shock: :der:

deank93 said:
does anyone know if there were any probs with the car?
Well the gearbox exploded so i'd say that counts as a problem :lol: Nice to see another 10 sec run though 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
He'd get more if he didn't try a burn out. I realy can't see the point in doing that on a 4wd. I know Skylines do it, but that's because they can do it in rwd.

NISR227

Well done Jason and DP Motorsport, 10.83 is awesome considering the heat conditions, poor track etc and box braking. I think it was the 12th fastest road legal car on the day IIRC, with more to come, and I think about 4th fastest if you take it as a private owned car (even though it was put down as DP Motorsport its still Jason's money IIRC?? and not a company owned car?).

A lot of competitors were many tenths down on their previous best times due to the conditions. Although having said that the overall winner - Roger Clark Scooby did a 9.2sec run (and its not a drag car, coming 3rd on handling and 1st on top speed - 195mph in just one 1km/0.6miles!!) which says a lot about how amazing that scooby is (and £££!).