It has been found

Tim

It probably broke down :lol:

Waiting to speak to the people who have it so I can go look at the mess they've made.

P

pulsarboby

excellent news tim, hopefully theres no real damage

Tim

It was found in bushes about 15 miles away from were it was stolen .. It had a quarter of a tank of fuel when it was taken, I guess it ran out and they dumped it.

Problem now is, ragged to death from cold, ignition barrel will be ruined, I imagine being found in a bush means there will be "some" body damage, are the wheels egg shaped? Is the gearbox lunched?

I'm beginning to wonder if getting it back is going to cause more trouble than its worth, but I guess time will tell. Just waiting for the police to release it before I have to pay the £150 fee and get it trailered to my parents and locked away for a while.

Perrin21

It was found in bushes about 15 miles away from were it was stolen .. It had a quarter of a tank of fuel when it was taken, I guess it ran out and they dumped it.

Problem now is, ragged to death from cold, ignition barrel will be ruined, I imagine being found in a bush means there will be "some" body damage, are the wheels egg shaped? Is the gearbox lunched?

I'm beginning to wonder if getting it back is going to cause more trouble than its worth, but I guess time will tell. Just waiting for the police to release it before I have to pay the £150 fee and get it trailered to my parents and locked away for a while.
Oh buddy, the little bastards want stringing up. Sorry to hear its not great news. Insurance should pay for the damage if you have protected NCB it would be worth claiming. Theres a limit to how much damage can be done in 15 miles with only a quarter tank of fuel. I just hope its not been vandalised.

JIMMYBACK

Gits? why do you have to pay for the collection?

shouldnt this be dealt this via the insurance company or are you fixing the damage yourself?

it is good news it has been found so its not all bad

Tim

My excess is £250 so if I can fix it for less than that then there is little point in claiming.

£150 is the release fee, annoying, but expected. Just hope I can get a friend to collect it for me when they release it otherwise I'll have to pay for storage as well.

I'm going to get a daily now, something that I don't have hundreds of hours of my time invested in.

vss irvine

ill help you out with some parts if needed, like barrel etc.

give me a shout once you know as im stripping the car in next few days

skiddusmarkus

I've always said if someone nicked mine I hope they crash it into a wall at 100mph and it burst into flames and they die in a fireball.

I got a whiff of this on cliosport.net but didn't see anything on here so figured you wanted it to be kept quiet.When you get it back put a list up of what you need, am sure people will help out.

M

markwashington

As said above, If there's anything you need post up on here, I'm sure we all have parts that we could probably do without having in our garages/sheds/bedrooms.

Perrin21

I've always said if someone nicked mine I hope they crash it into a wall at 100mph and it burst into flames and they die in a fireball.

I got a whiff of this on cliosport.net but didn't see anything on here so figured you wanted it to be kept quiet.When you get it back put a list up of what you need, am sure people will help out.
Just rig the car to blow up once its more than a quarter mile away from you lol.

Tim

Thanks to all the offers of help, I think I'm going to head over and try to have a look around it shortly.

Once I know what's needed I'll get in touch with those that have offered.

Thanks again!

Girl Racer

I hope you get it sorted, its nice that people on here have offered to help you, I do know how you feel as I had my Cherry Turbo stolen a few months ago, unfortunately I didnt get it back, it was weighed in for scrap, i was gutted as i owned the car 20 years. :cry:

Tim

Finally got the car back today after it was written off..

Engine is junked, holes in the block. I'll be paying for a membership (finally) in order for me to list parts for sale.

It will be broken and eventually scrapped.

johnsy

Finally got the car back today after it was written off..

Engine is junked, holes in the block. I'll be paying for a membership (finally) in order for me to list parts for sale.

It will be broken and eventually scrapped.
feel free to pm me a list of any uprated parts you may have