is this exhaust stock??

Keira

Have you got a shot of the tail pipe ??

I've still got the stock backbox in my pile -o-shite.

My mates 5zigen sits the same as stock but is obviously louds louder, at least it was :wink: :wink: :roll:

Keira

Nope, the standard is one is pathetic :lol:

Think its about 2 1/4 maybe abit more, defiantely not 3 inch, the tail pipe is barely that :lol:

G

GazTi-R

I think the std one is made by Calsonic and has 2 1/4" pipe work.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Can you put any pictures up of the rest of the system?
It looks like my standard back box did, but it can't be if it's 3" pipework.

GINGA

It looks the same as my exhaust which I think might be a kakimoto one, its around the 2 3/4" to 3" in bore size but is nice a quiet with it 8)

ashills

looks very similar to my hyper medallion back box
2.75 pipe with big box across the rear
5" tail pipe

celm

i think its a kakimoto .cause right under the JASMA plate there is a faint indent of a name

P

Pulldog

If the exhaust has a about 2 1/2" oval tail pipe with a lip then its what i have in the garage mine came with the car but i dont think they are standard

C

Crazy

My car had the exact same exhaust when I bought it, Kakimoto or something like that.

It had a 4inch tail pipe but was as quiet as my moms Fiesta :shock:

Then when I was having my car set up to 1 bar by PowerStation they told me that the exhaust was restricting my power and that I should change it if I plan to go further up the tuning ladder, decided to change it to the Mongoose and as soon as it was fitted I could notice the difference........................................................ and hear it :twisted:

It is still in my garage if anyone is interested :lol:

S

Stoned

Man thats the rubbish thing I had on my car!!

Ditch it and get a Mongoose. The difference in power over 5000rpm is unbelievable

celm

Stoned said:
Man thats the rubbish thing I had on my car!!

Ditch it and get a Mongoose. The difference in power over 5000rpm is unbelievable
ok who sells the mongoose?

otter

Looks like the 5zigen one ive got sat in my shed!

But mine has 5zigen engraved on the tail pipe and is painted black.

celm

otter said:
Looks like the 5zigen one ive got sat in my shed!

But mine has 5zigen engraved on the tail pipe and is painted black.
the muffler is painted black on top

G

GAZ P

My 5zigen is nothing like that its 3" straight through with a Polished back box & 5" slash tailpipe that exits at 20 degree to the bumper and slightly upward.

G

Glyn

Hi mate it's defo a Kakimoto but don't knock it, it offers loads more power (it's the front pipe which restricts it) it's nice and quiet which is why it costs a fortune to get one new. :wink: