Injectors not pulsing

Thomas T

Hi lads, looking for a bit of tech help. I'm trying to revive a gtir sunny that hasn't run in 13 years. It had broken down one day, parked up and hasn't moved since. Anyway, got it ready to run only to find the injectors are not pulsing on crank over. Maybe the original issue. Question I have is, if I had a bad cam sensor, in the distributor, would I have spark? I have fuel pressure to rail, spark at plugs etc.

Thomas T

Yes maybe, but I have 12 volts at injectors, so I would think transistor is ok, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MarkTurbo

Have you done a fault code test? If not do a search, you just need a paperclip to link 2 of the terminals in the diagnostics plug.

Thomas T

Not yet, but if I knew if the cam sensor killed both spark and injector pulse, I'd have it sorted I reckon.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
If the cam/crank position sensor in the distributor was not working there would be no spark or injector pulse, you should have 12v at the injectors as they switch to ground in the ecu to pulse. Have you got pressure in the fuel rail as after that time the pump will prob be knackered.

Thomas T

Ok great, have fuel pressure and spark, just no pulse, have 12v at injectors, so must be ecu signal or or transistor?

Thomas T

Ok great I'll check everything tomorrow, thanks for help, I'll be back with results.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Disconnect the lamda sensor as well...if that is telling the ecu the engine is flooded it will cut the fuel.

Thomas T

Ok cheers, had a quick check again, and defo have 12 at injector. I'll put a lamp on the earth to see if I have a pulse coming from ecu, and check wiring.

Thomas T

Would this stop the injectors pulsing? Where is the amplifier located, cheers doc

RO_SUNNY

They pulse because of the impedance....injector resistor pack does that....so injector resistor pack is my bet!