injector cleaning

lakeview

as title says anyone know of a good{and cheap if possible) place to get some injectors sonically cleaned

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
There is a place in Yorkshire you can post them to and have them cleaned.

Just google injector cleaning

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
How hard is it to sonically clean injectors? - We've got sonicators at work, but they've generally got water in them rather than solvent (and I suspect you can't clean injectors with water).

If it's as simple as sitting them in a beaker of solvent like acetone (because that's a really good solvent - it's dipolar and aprotic) and leaving it for half an hour, you could probably do that at home with one of those jewlery cleaners you see in various catalogs.

I know the professionals will say you need to flow-test etc, but if you're confident they're working and just want to clean them, would that work?
If you were inclined you could pulse them with a 12V source so that they open and close.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
What you say is true George. I think they also check spray pattern as well and replace minor parts to fix any issues. For many people I expect it's easier to let someone else say whether they are good or not.

We can have a go at mine if you like. I don't think there's anything wrong with them but it would be interesting to do DIY cleaning.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
errr, think it was £80ish, but a couple of years ago now. Ring them and ask for an up to date price.

lakeview

Looked on the site the injector diagnosis is £20 ish so would imagine cleaning to be about the same

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What you say is true George. I think they also check spray pattern as well and replace minor parts to fix any issues. For many people I expect it's easier to let someone else say whether they are good or not.

We can have a go at mine if you like. I don't think there's anything wrong with them but it would be interesting to do DIY cleaning.
That's a good point; it's the kind of thing you could do as part of preventative maintenance when you're doing a service. - You can buy the seals on eBay (although I don't know how good they are).
It's not going to fix injectors that are known to be broken, but it would keep working injectors clean and functioning for longer... although at ~£20 each to have it done professionally it's probably not worth doing it yourself.