if it's not raining its pouring...

M

mynheers_a_pint

this is getting retarded...

So along with my snapped suspension, odd running issues I now have yet another bloody problem. I pulled into my drivepushed the clutch peddle down to select reverse and nothing. The clutch peddle didn't come back up. Having jsut searched i can confirm the following;

• I have a braided clutch hose
  • there is fluid in the bottle
  • brand new release baring
  • re-inforced clutch fork
  • RPS organic clutch
  • No fluid on the clutch peddle
  • supprot bracket fitted
  • can't find any breakages on the bulkhead and the peddle sits correctly when pulled up
The master and slave cyclinders haven't been changed but is there anything i can do to test to confirm either are faulty? Otherwise is there anything else it could be?

:evil:

M

mynheers_a_pint

right I've been out and had a fiddle and i think i've solved the problem- theres a small stream of fluid coming from the slave cylinder which i can only assume to be the issue. Wait and see if i can get one before the weekend...

bengilmore

I'm sure thats it. Happened to be before xmas. Clutch went to floor too. There's probably fluid coming from thr rubber seals. Easy to fix.

M

mynheers_a_pint

it's not that.. I've checked everything and the leak stemmed from me stamping on the clutch, pushing the piston out too far. I've jsut stripped it all, rebuilt it and then re installed it and it hasn't worked.

Having look at it in more detail (had a spare pair of hands which always helps) the slave cylinder is moving ok, theres no leak to speak of. The problem is that there is a distinct creak coming from inside the gearbox as the release fork moves. With the clutch fork pushed back, there is a loud grinding noise where something is rubbing against the clutch cover. Removing the fork boot, i can get a finger inside but there is no sign of a crack at the pivot point but the fork is very loose. I'm assuming that thats not right?

Last edited by a moderator:

bob the builder

could be you clutch is fooked.
you pressure plate might have given up the ghost.
just a thought as everything else seems ok. looks like a gearbox out job regardless.