idle

sypher

can some one tell me where the idle adjustment is, also is ther any nissan stated throttle ballancing tollerances in ANY measurements and what is the target idle for hot and what for cold????????????? HELP!! :? :?

sypher

thanks for the reply but could u tell me where or what it screws into as i haven't got that small open ended pipe on mine (as pictured). presume it goes from plenum to idle control device under intake runners but not sure

J

JohnnyGTiR

As far as I know it screws into the A.A.C valve which if you look under the intercooler outlet on the plenum you should be able to see the screw (that hose you see in the pic is only about 4 inches long).

Is this where I can adjust the tick over for my car as its ticking over at aboue 1100 - 1200 rpm at the moment and I want to adjust this to be at 1000rpm?

Cheers

geetee

screw it in to drop the idle

The pipe doesn't seem to do anything - it has a brass collett about half way down and four holes in it just under that - the actual screw is in the plenum.

I took my pipe off and it's not made any difference - not sure why it's there....

anybody know??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

J

JohnnyGTiR

I'd say the pipe is there so people dont tamper with the idle as some cars just have a plastic cap over the screw.

Has anyone here changed the idle themselves or would u recommend leaving it and getting it done another time with a RR session so it can all be set up then as its runs fine as it is just ticks over between 1100 and 1200 rpm...

A

AJ4

Adjusting the idle speed is not going to affect anything else so you can easily do it yourself. Just remember to 'purge' the induction after each adjustment, ie run it at 2000rpm for 30 seconds, and then measure it.

If you want to accurately set the idle speed, rather than using the rev counter, some timing lights ( strobe ) can be used. Basically you dial the rpm on the light, and when the timing mark is steady you are at the exact rpm ( or double it :D )

cheers for that mate, I dont have any equipment to do any of this so may have to drop it to my regular mechanic as he will be able to do this accuratly,thanks again for the info mate... :D