idle problem

littlewimp

took the car for a spin to prescot yesterday and noticed the revs were sitting around 1400- 1500 rpm when pulled up at junctions, starts up from cold and once warms normally sits around 1100 rpm, i noticed that if i almost stalled the car on the clutch to reduce the revs that they would then stay around the 1100. have checked for freeplay in the cable and the throttle shaft is sitting back on the stop fine, not sure if the tps would afffect anything. any ideas . cheers neil.

matty2kn7

Could be a number of things to be fair. Air leak- check all vacuum lines make sure none have come off or split. Mine did a similar thing and I had worn a hole in the metal intercollegiate piping where it had been rubbing on front bumper so check for anything like that. Could check tps. If you have a multimeter and check voltage open and closed. Try resetting it also by putting ignition on but not started then pump accelerator fully on and off slowly 10 times then start car see what happens. Other than that your gonna be looking at sensors like AAC valve etc. or even water temp sensor can cause it sometimes. Hope some of this helps. Good luck you might need it.