Idle problem

K

kerry

Fitted the strut brace and when i next started the car the idle had gone really low

took the car for a run and it got worse and worse til eventually it cut out

took the strut off as i thought maybe it was pushing on the pipe off the plenum onto the intercooler and it was slightly improved but not 100%

went for another run and now its only sometimes the idle is low and sometimes its ok. other than that the car runs 100% spot on and its not til you dip the clutch that you would notice anything

could this be due to an air leak??

or any other suggestions??

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
kerry said:
Fitted the strut brace and when i next started the car the idle had gone really low

took the car for a run and it got worse and worse til eventually it cut out

took the strut off as i thought maybe it was pushing on the pipe off the plenum onto the intercooler and it was slightly improved but not 100%

went for another run and now its only sometimes the idle is low and sometimes its ok. other than that the car runs 100% spot on and its not til you dip the clutch that you would notice anything

could this be due to an air leak??

or any other suggestions??
9 times out of 10 its because of an air leak... The fact that it happened after fitting a strut brace could just be a coinsidence...

Rishi

K

kerry

checked all the pipework I can see and can't seem to find the problem :( Still idleing far too low :(

monsterGTi-R

Its not your dump valve is it? I fitted an Apexi dumpvalve on mine lately and didnt do up the adaptor plate tight enough and rattled loose :oops: and it ran like a bag of shit :?

K

kerry

it starts perfect, drives perfect, boosts perfect

when i first start it it idles fine but literally 5 minutes down the road the idle drops to around 500

i cannot for life of me work out what it is and i know its something daft but its really crazing me now :cry:

K

kerry

Would you believe it was the bailey dump valve that was the root of all evil :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Big big big thanks to Nismoboy and Jade for spending 5 hours of thier time today helping me and luke find the problem

now i am :D :D :D :D

monsterGTi-R

I think because it starts to run rich :? Im just saying this is what happened to mine when I had an air leak :( Just worth a check thats all :)

K

kerry

ah right ok :D

hopefully it wont have done anything bad but will give the plugs a change

:wink:

hmmm

Glad you got that sorted Kerry. I know how annoying it can be. Currently my car refuses to start up first time. :cry:

I just hope that someone replies to my post in problem solving. :wink: