I want a GTiR ... is it faesable ??

kenan

South West Regional Rep
dan-hipgrave said:
Why do people always say its 'completely standard' in their adverts and the cars obviously not? That ones completely standard - except for the turbo timer, dump valve and 16" alloys! Mines completely standard aside from the long list of mods....
Thats what I was thinking looking at it lol

jamiej, pulsar_boby is a chap on here who has a GTI-R specific garage and brakes the cars for spares. He also from time to time has whole cars for sale, might be worth giving him a buz at the time incase he has one. He can be found here: http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk/

I won't try to advise you as to how much to spend on the car, faults etc. I will however say drive a few, even if it means traveling. I looked at 6 before I found mine, the minute I drive it I know it was miles above the rest as it felt so sound. Also don't belive the "Very good condition" as this includes rust everywhere, missing door cards, wiring hanging out the dash, crash damage (bent arches) etc etc etc as I found out :doh:

LisaZ

jamiej said:
I

one more thing, are theses at all "tail happy" ?? i wouldn't imagine so being 4WD but just thought i'd ask. Would be a welcome change from my current car !!!
Hi i have gone from an MR2 to a GTIR
and i just love the way they slide totally different to the MR2 but with just as mutch flair and grace but with more controll no snapping and snatching back like the MR2.

it makes me smile:-D:-D
x

J

jamiej

Tell me about it, i have fallen victim to the snapping and snatching twice now, second time was fine, didnt hit anything, first time, not so good. Ended up hitting the offside kurb, shattering my wheel and messing up the suspension geometry, needless to say i fixed it up and had it back on the road within the week, it wasnt a pleasant experience.

Prob half the reason why i am comsidering a change, i cant be doing with a car that i can't trust, its just so unpredictable !!

I'll give that guy a shout, cheers for the heads up !!

neal

i think you might get lucky sometimes and get a genuine one with a few scrapes for under 3k but usually its not the best idea. I mean i picked up a R33 GTST Skyline for £2800 and there wasnt anything wrong with it!

P

pulsarboby

lol im pulsarboby

talking of cheap cars i just picked up a real stunner, forged engine, new clutch, race seats, hks boost controller, uprated ecu, wilwood 4 pots, and loaded with many other mods including dp front exit exhaust, and all for hahaha! ????

their about if your in the right place at the right time and let the readies do the talking;-) must admitt though its the most ive ever paid for a car upto yet.

Braveheart

Sounds like a good car Bob.
You don't fancy renting it to me on the odd weekend so that I can go visit me mum and not be late! ;-)

J

jamiej

I dont get it Pulasrboby, whats most you've spent on one, what kinda cash do you normally get em for.

I had a look on your website and there weren't any for sale, do you sell them normally or just do maintainence on them.

O

Odin

jamiej said:
I had a look on your website and there weren't any for sale, do you sell them normally or just do maintainence on them.

You misunderstand my fine foolish little friend :doh: :lol: , Pulsar's only make a one way trip to bobbies yard :shock: :lol: :lol: .

Bobby buys them cheap and rips them apart :shock: , It's a sad grizzly end I'm afraid :cry: .

Rob

GTiR_Mic

To be honest mate if you are going to spend £2500 on a GTi-R you aint going to get anything special at all. You may get one with poor bodywork and somthing with a bleeder valve :lol:

Bob does have some that he sell's but best to PM him about it.

I would try and save a bit more cash and get somthing a bit decent.

Mic

J

jamiej

Blled valve ey, thats the exact kind of thing that i want to stay away from, something nice and standard, not running silly boost on standard internals driven to within an inch of its life.

There seems to be a massively mixed response from you guys. Think im going to have to give it some serious thought and then when the time comes just get looking and see if any fit the bill ... ideally i want one owned by an old man who has had it for years ...

M

mynheers_a_pint

pulsarboby said:
lol im pulsarboby

talking of cheap cars i just picked up a real stunner, forged engine, new clutch, race seats, hks boost controller, uprated ecu, wilwood 4 pots, and loaded with many other mods including dp front exit exhaust, and all for hahaha! ????

their about if your in the right place at the right time and let the readies do the talking;-) must admitt though its the most ive ever paid for a car upto yet.
I think i saw this on ebay and did think of you due to it's reletive low price/high spec:lol:

Have you started breaknig it yet ?? ;-)

GTiR_Mic

jamiej said:
Blled valve ey, thats the exact kind of thing that i want to stay away from, something nice and standard, not running silly boost on standard internals driven to within an inch of its life.

There seems to be a massively mixed response from you guys. Think im going to have to give it some serious thought and then when the time comes just get looking and see if any fit the bill ... ideally i want one owned by an old man who has had it for years ...
There was a rare winter green R in Aberdeen belonging to an old guy, bog standard but not seen it for a while.

Mic

P

pulsarboby

jamiej said:
I dont get it Pulasrboby, whats most you've spent on one, what kinda cash do you normally get em for.

tbh matey most of them never reach the for sale page as there sold prior to me putting them on there.
i have 2 at the moment that will be for sale shortly and one of them is a right little minter in red, it will also have a full respray before going up for sale, because some of the panels have faded. you will not get a better car than this when its finished, will also come with years mot, fully serviced and 6 months tax, but 2.5k will not buy it.

most that i get (especially those with any rot on them) are broke for spares, but having said that, ive also broke very good cars.
trouble is that im now getting a soft spot for them and trying to keep the gooduns on the road, as there is not too many good ones left, and believe it or not i do not like to rip good cars apart even though there worth more money to me in bits:)

ive picked cars up from anything between £500 and 2k dependant upon the spec, but the average i get them for is around a grand and believe it or not ive got some very good cars for that money.
best time to buy one is in the winter just before or after christmas (i actually bought 4 all in the same week leading upto new year:lol: everyones skint and wants a few quid in there pocket.
you will pay top dollar this time of year, as everyone wants them for the summer.

hope that helps a bit matey!

Last edited by a moderator:

lilmark

I bought mine for £1500 fair enough it had things wrong with it but it was advertised at just over £2500 in a garage i read the buyers guide before i went to look at the 1 i bought an since ive had the car i have spent around £500 on it but they have not been major repairs touch wood

Turmoil

This is what i got for a touch over 2k...So they are out there if you look...Needs a bit of bodywork nothing major...
  • Nissan Pulsar GTIR 1992 model
  • Rebuilt Norris Designs engine in 2001 with forged pistons, HKS gasket, Crank polish grind and cylinder rebore etc
  • Japanese racing ECU (T Force)
  • Quaife uprated gearbox 2004 with Helix Organic clutch
  • Pace uprated radiator bought 10/06 (£400)
  • Front Mount Intercooler with very short run!
  • Mocol 13 row oil cooler
  • HKS Induction kit
  • HKS Iridium spark plugs
  • HKS Exhaust
  • Dump Valve
  • Turbo timer
  • Group N uprated fuel pump
  • Hi Spec 310mm brake upgrade with new rotors and Mintex pads bought 11/06
  • Goodridge braded brake hoses
  • Norris Designs 40mm lowering springs
  • Apexi AVCR boost controller
  • Lumination air/fuel flow meter
  • Bride racing seats
  • Raceline 16" Anthracite wheels
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres 215/40/16
  • Sony cd player
  • 10 Disk CD player
  • 800 watt Amp and base box in boot
  • Clifford concept 300 alarm with spare fob and key
  • Momo steering wheel
  • Vielside gear knob
  • Front strut brace

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Turmoil said:
This is what i got for a touch over 2k...So they are out there if you look...Needs a bit of bodywork nothing major...
  • Rebuilt Norris Designs engine in 2001 with forged pistons, HKS gasket, Crank polish grind and cylinder rebore etc
  • HKS Induction kit
  • HKS Exhaust
  • Dump Valve
  • Turbo timer
  • Bride racing seats
  • Raceline 16" Anthracite wheels
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres 215/40/16
  • Sony cd player
  • 10 Disk CD player
  • 800 watt Amp and base box in boot
  • Clifford concept 300 alarm with spare fob and key
  • Momo steering wheel
  • Vielside gear knob
  • Front strut brace
how the **** did you get that for just over 2k you jammy bastard :shock:

M

mynheers_a_pint

Turmoil said:
  • HKS Induction kit
  • HKS Exhaust
  • Dump Valve
  • Turbo timer